Penguins sold?

CC97

Am I the only onw who might see an odd bit of irony in that nickname? IF the Penguins move to Hamilton, and take on the nickname "Steelheads"--you know, with Pittsburgh being the "Steel City" and all--man, talk about gashing a wound!

Hamilton is known as Steeltown. Two of ther biggest employers are steel companies.

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only onw who might see an odd bit of irony in that nickname? IF the Penguins move to Hamilton, and take on the nickname "Steelheads"--you know, with Pittsburgh being the "Steel City" and all--man, talk about gashing a wound!

Hamilton is known as Steeltown. Two of ther biggest employers are steel companies.

That is true. However, health services has now taken over as the number one employer in Hamilton.

The Pens could have had a new arena in the mid-90's but Howard Baldwin a man who should have never been allowed to buy the team got the city to sink money into rehabbing the Civic Arena instead of chipping in for a new arena which is what they wanted to do.

That is true. However, health services has now taken over as the number one employer in Hamilton.

Because all the citizens are getting sick from that wonderful Hamilton air

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

*cough*GM Plant*cough*

I saw, I came, I left.

To be honest, even though the Pens are an established franchise in the NHL. I actually want to see the relocate. No offense to any Pens fans whatsoever. But, I want to see another NHL team back in either Hamilton or Quebec City. Hell, maybe even Winnipeg or some other Canadian city that has yet to support a franchise. Looking at Hamilton and Toronto, they are pretty close together and the Leafs worry about their revenue if a move from Pittsburgh to Hamilton would cause. Hamilton IMO is an ok spot for an NHL team, they definitely have the arena in Copps Coliseum. But, I'd much rather see Quebec City or Winnipeg with a team again. But, if it ends up in Hamilton, its not a BAD decision. But, I think three franchises in Ontario would be pushing it.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

*cough*GM Plant*cough*

1 GM Plant > 4000 random steel plants

muah! ^_^

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived