New Australian Kangaroos Logo (Rugby League)

Gazzzaf

I was just preparing to make a design for the Australian Kangaroos when I stumbled upon this new logo:

76_O.jpg

It's been redesigned to commemorate the upcoming 100th year of rugby league in Australia.

Here's the old one for reference:

main_league_trinations_aus.gif

And an accompanying story: http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/stor...5001023,00.html

sig.png

It is better than the previous design but still I think all the logos in Rugby League are very tacky and cheap looking.

You're kidding.

The Raiders Viking guy rocks.

The Knights, Tigers, Panthers and even the unfortunately named Roosters all have better logos than the AFL teams.

There's a few dodgy ones. like the cartoon Bulldog and the weird horse Bronco.

But generally I like the NRL logos.

And this is no exception.

It looks new, but pays homage to the old.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Its all a matter of preference, you'l find that there are logos from both AFL and NRL that are garbage.

As Rob said, the Dogs and Broncos suck and I don't care much for the Cowboys logo either. On the other hand, the Raiders, Dragons, Knights, Storm, Sea-Eagles, Tigers and Titans have excellent logos while the rest are pretty good.

In the AFL there have been numerous documented cases of bad logos. The Lions have one with a friggin gradient for Pete's sake! Adelaide has a pretty weird looking crow for a logo and West Coast's full logo looks plain weird. And I wont even go into the older logos that all seemed to be on a shield. But I really like the Bombers, Demons, Swans, Hawks, Saints and Freo for logos.

I think that Roar's gripe might be with the styling of League logos as opposed to that of Aussie Rules. The NRL followed the trend of the NFL and went with a more cartoonish approach whereas the AFL has gone moreso with simple yet effective motifs (Demons, Hawks, Crows, Swans, Port and the Dogs).

Thats my point of view anyway.

sig.png

I like the new logo. The kangaroo used reminds me of the Classic logo a little bit, but otherwise a definate upgrade. The old logo had run its course, and it was in desperate need of an overhaul.

In terms of the NRL logos bein tacky, all you need to do is have a look at the wests tigers and melbourne storm logos, they have their own identity and displays a bit of the jersey designs, which i am a fan of.

artest.jpg

Pity Classic still can't get the Vs right on the jersey. They've got them starting too far down the shoulders so they don't make a proper angle in the middle, and look more like two slightly bent gold stripes.

Compare 2006:

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/se...66080&cdi=0

With 1986:

http://www.memorabiliaaustralia.com.au/rlo001f.jpg

This is really starting to bug me. It's such an iconic look and they need to respect it a little more.

liverpool-1.png

That can't be right, the invincibles were '82. I do get what you mean though. I really like that old V though. If they could mix that V with the current colours (more of an emerald green as opposed to a bottle green and the gold) then you'd have a winner.

By the way, if you watched the game last night, did you notice NZ now has no collar?

sig.png

That can't be right, the invincibles were '82. I do get what you mean though. I really like that old V though. If they could mix that V with the current colours (more of an emerald green as opposed to a bottle green and the gold) then you'd have a winner.

By the way, if you watched the game last night, did you notice NZ now has no collar?

I think that's why it says "The Invincibles, The Return" as opposed to just The Invincibles.

liverpool-1.png

That is brilliant logo, much better then the old one (less is more).

I can't say which leagu has better logos but there are good ones (Bombers, Freo, Hawks; Raiders, Manly, Titans) and bad ones (Lions, Cats; Rabithos, Cowboys).

The Rabbitohs logo is a classic :cursing:

souths.jpg

liverpool-1.png

• 1 month later...

To commemorate 100 years of Australian Rugby League in 2008, this logo has been created.

CoRL-logo_cmyk.jpg

The A is similar, though not exact to, what was on a few Australian/Australasian jerseys in the early days.

jsy11.jpg

I like the new logo and hope to see it used effectively in 2008.

sig.png

Archived