new logo upcoming for New Britian Rock Cats

Discrim

http://rockcats.com/

ROCK CATS TO HOLD OPEN HOUSE OCTOBER 21st

"Family Fall Classic" to include food, games, unveiling of NEW Rock Cats logo

The Rock Cats cordially invite you to a one-of-a-kind, first-time event: The Family Fall Classic, to be held Saturday, October 21st at New Britain Stadium from Noon until 6:00 P.M. Bring your family and friends out to the ballpark for food, rides, stadium tours, games, giveaways, activities, and much more. The event, which coincides with the first game of the World Series, is FREE and OPEN TO EVERYONE! The Rock Cats do ask, however, that in lieu of admission guests bring a non-perishable food item for donation to the Rock Cats annual Holiday Food Drive. In addition, next week the Rock Cats will be unveiling a new primary logo, and merchandise featuring this new logo will be available for purchase at our team store, The Third Base Shoppe. DON'T MISS THIS EXCITING EVENT at New Britain Stadium. The Rock Cats management and staff look forward to seeing you on Saturday, October 21st!

can't say I'd miss the about-to-be-old logo. I like it and all, but I won't be screamin out that it's the best out there, that couldn't be further from the truth. Several other AA teams, like the EL's Defenders, SL's Diamond Jaxx and TL's Drillers, have far better identities than the Cats do IMO.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Here's what they have now:

head-grey.gif

Dunno. We'll see what they come up with, but I kinda like the existing one.

I could see this being promoted to the primary:

NB_5002.gif

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Here's what they have now:

head-grey.gif

Dunno. We'll see what they come up with, but I kinda like the existing one.

I could see this being promoted to the primary:

NB_5002.gif

That sounds possible - those caps are full-price in the team store, which the others are half-price http://rockcats.com/Store/caps/

I thought they were looking to make a change in 2001?

I wish they were still the Brit Sox that I grew up with, but alas when you don't have an affiliation with Boston anymore you can't do that.

I hate that dumb Elvis cat looking thing, and I hate the name Rock Cats. So dumb its scary. The commercials are even worse "The New Britian Rock Cats...these cats ROCK!" <_<

anything having to do with Rocking or Rolling or anything of that nature is so archaic. Its like anytime I see some washed up rock band get up on stage and say "Do you wanna Rock?" I just think how old that makes them sound. Rock is dead, get over it and move on. Hopefully they won't call them the "Rappin' Pussies" or something.

Bump, and an update on the new stuff - Studio Simon's doing the redesign.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/new...b&fext=.jsp

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Hmmmmm... not my favorite amongst Dan Simon's logo packages. My thoughts...

* I like the overall layout of the logo, as well as the "nostalgic" font in which Rock Cats is rendered. I also like the "RC-Paw" secondary.

* That said, while Rocky's tail says "Rock Cats", his partially-hidden face and ears strike me as saying "Rock Rats". Maybe it's just me.

While it's better than what they had, I don't think it's a "home-run". More of a solid "stand-up double".

Archived