Toronto Maple Leafs concept

IceCap

This mornong I was watching Sports Centre and they were interviewing Mats Sundin about scoring his 500th goal on Saturday. Behind him was some kind of Leafs locker room chart (it looked like a depth chart).

It caught my eye because it didn't use any Leafs logo that I know of at the top. It used a white leaf on a blue background, and the leaf looked very much like an early draft of the current Canadian flag.

201px-Flag_of_Canada_1964.png

Anyway it got the wheels in my head turning, and I decided to base a concept off of that leaf, seeing as the Ballard era leaf currently in use has a negative stigma AND is incredibly 70's looking.

C&C welcome as always.

NHLunisTMLv6.png

This mornong I was watching Sports Centre and they were interviewing Mats Sundin about scoring his 500th goal on Saturday. Behind him was some kind of Leafs locker room chart (it looked like a depth chart).

It caught my eye because it didn't use any Leafs logo that I know of at the top. It used a white leaf on a blue background, and the leaf looked very much like an early draft of teh current Canadian flag.

201px-Flag_of_Canada_1964.png

Anyway it got the wheels in my head turning, and I decided to base a concept off of that leaf, seeing as the Ballard era leaf currently in use has a negative stigma AND is incredibly 70's looking.

C&C welcome as always.

NHLunisTMLv3.png

I like the logo, but I think another design would have made this better. It looks ok on their current uniform though. Plus, Raycroft is missing a "Y".

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I like the logo, but I think another design would have made this better. It looks ok on their current uniform though. Plus, Raycroft is missing a "Y".

Thanks for pointing that out. It's fixed now.

As for using an other design, when it comes to Leafs uniforms you're really only allowed two choices, the one I used in the first post (the pattern used for the current home and road sweaters) and this one:

NHLunisTMLv7.png

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I don't like the new logo. It may the font inside, or the shape itself, but I don't like it.

The jerseys are very nice, however.

Honestly, I have the same feeling about it. I didn't choose it, I just saw that praticular leaf used in the Leafs' locker room, and was carious to see what it would look like on the uniform.

Still, it looks more like a Leaf then the Ballard version does.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I don't like the new logo. It may the font inside, or the shape itself, but I don't like it.

The jerseys are very nice, however.

Honestly, I have the same feeling about it. I didn't choose it, I just saw that praticular leaf used in the Leafs' locker room, and was carious to see what it would look like on the uniform.

Still, it looks more like a Leaf then the Ballard version does.

True.

A thought just came to me: it might look better if the font was arched in some way. Because to me the logo looks kind of like their current logo, just with the bottom corners tucked in. It seems like the font should arch because of it.

Archived