Why the hell is wrong with society?

Roger Clemente

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#1 reason why these hats are bad

They take up wayy to much shelf space in Lids!

Id much rather see more authetic hats, more NHL hats instead of my hometeam and such.

i'd rather have those hats on my self at the $32 to $45 price range, than a $22 dollar hockey hat that will just sit there for months on end. or until the team gets hot and makes a playoff run.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

Hats and jerseys are fasion items nowadays, not just symbols of team-fan unity. Some people have different tastes and clothing but that should be respected. Besides who are you to say what should be right with society? Teams will always create merchandise that may degrade their logo in order to make $$$$. Fashion is a big business. That's basically the bottom line here.

BTW, hiya! This is my first post. Hope to have fun here!!

...Before the firebombing starts, let me stress that I don't think that people that follow the hip-hop culture are bad people by any stretch. But I feel reluctance in wearing apparel that many people take to be an expression of my approval or admiration of a belief system that is as counterproductive as that portrayed by many hip-hop stars.

You're caring way too much about what other people think. They're insignificant, and so are their opinions. If you want to wear something, why should someone (who you don't even know) else's response stop you?

Let me rephrase that... I agree that hip-hop culture is now the only culture that accepts sports apparel for everyday dress, but I see that as a bad thing, not a good thing. Personally, I think that hip-hop culture is hurting American society, because it severely warps the priorities of young, primarily urban, teenagers (of all colors). It glorifies violence, misogyny, and the one-in-a-million shot to make it as a professional athlete or rapper while discounting the importance of education and social concern. Many people are able to discern that this is an artistic effect and appreciate it, but unfortunately, it seems that the majority of the people living the culture are unable to make that distinction. Overcoming this state of mind is one of the major challenges to improving standards of living in urban areas.

I won't argue about one part: sex, drugs and gangbangin sell. Now about hurting American society, I could name others worthy of saying that about: Mexicans who come here illegaly and don't bother to learn English; the Mexican government by condoning the illegals; politicians who go on and on about wanting to talk about the issues, but all they do is bash their opponents; idiots who think nothing of getting behind the wheel after drinkin 10 cans of Bud; futbol firms who literally schedule fights with each other; and getting back on topic, folks who can't separate hiphop from race. Heh, movies like Invincible glorify a one in a million shot at the NFL, did that hurt our society? Religion cautions against thinking, but a lot of religious folks would point to faith in a god as paramount to bettering American society (heh, as an atheist I disagree, but whatever). Songs that glorify being a crip, or brag about bangin 60 women, they can hurt society if enough people are too dumb to separate the song from reality. Me, hiphop's what I bob my head to, but I don't own a gun and don't plan to. My hat's worn forwards, I don't got no ho's, I don't wear platinum, and the only Jordans I ever wore were an abandoned pair in my HS' gym locker. And you aint never gonna see my draws :hockeysmiley:

But back to the sports apparel. I think it's horribly unfortunate that anyone wearing sports apparel in public is now automatically stereotyped as being "hip-hop", fairly or unfairly, with all the associated connotations. I am a huge sports fan, and during the late 80s and early 90s I bought many jerseys and hats of my favorite teams. But now it's gotten to the point where not only have I not made any significant sports apparel purchases recently, I rarely wear the apparel I already own. I have Barry Sanders, Desmond Howard, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Steve Yzerman, Joe Dumars, Steve Young, and Tim Biakabutuka jerseys (among others) that rarely see the light of day, simply because I don't enjoy going out on the street wearing one of them and have people assume I'm part of a culture that I don't agree with.

Before the firebombing starts, let me stress that I don't think that people that follow the hip-hop culture are bad people by any stretch. But I feel reluctance in wearing apparel that many people take to be an expression of my approval or admiration of a belief system that is as counterproductive as that portrayed by many hip-hop stars.

Bombs away, blueboy. Heh, I figure somebody's gonna think that of me anyway, so I shrug it off, though most folks that come up to me when they see my Payton jersey (correctly) assume I'm a Bears fan. I know one thing, if I saw you wearin your Yzer jersey, I'd scream out "Wings suck!" :D (heh, I'm an Avs fan...force of habit)...j/k, I'd assume you were either a fan or just thought it looked cool. Eh well, I never thought hiphop had a monopoly on jersey wearing.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived