Gerber or Aebischer?

spyboy1

I've got a Switzerland hockey jersey I'm getting ready to send in for customizing and cannot, for the life of me, decide between Martin Gerber or David Aebischer to have put on it.

One advantage for Gerber is looking at photos on Getty Images, his name on the back would be "M. Gerber". He wears the slightly odd number for a goalie of #26.

One advantage for Aebischer is that he wears the even more unusual number of #40. I actually already have a #40 jersey in my collection, so that's not totally unique though.

Neither one seems to have much of an advantage over the other as far as career accomplishments, but Aebischer did come first and has his name on the Stanley Cup, but as a backup to Patrick Roy.

There you have it, Gerber or Aebischer? (Try to contain yourselves and not suggest other Swiss players. I've really got it down to those two.)

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Gerber's name is also on the Stanley Cup, as backup to Cam Ward for most of the playoffs.

D'oh! I can't believe I spaced that out. I am an idiot.

But then again, so is...

Get Mark Streit :D

I TOLD you not to do that. Condsider yourself slashed in the ankle and bodychecked into the next forum over. :hockeysmiley:

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Äbischer, I mean Aebischer!

Let's go with David Aebischer because he is Swiss and a Hab (although Martin Gerber is from Bern, my canton). :)

Did you buy that jersey online? If yes, where? Pics?

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I would prefer Aebischer, mainly because of the more unusual name and number.

A few questions:

1. Who is your other number 40 jersey? Lalime?

2. Where do you send your jerseys to be customized? In order to avoid the fiasco I endured with a local sports shop, I'd love a good recommendation from someone who has such an extensive jersey collection as yourself.

I'd also love to see a pic, if possible.

I would prefer Aebischer, mainly because of the more unusual name and number.

A few questions:

1. Who is your other number 40 jersey? Lalime?

2. Where do you send your jerseys to be customized? In order to avoid the fiasco I endured with a local sports shop, I'd love a good recommendation from someone who has such an extensive jersey collection as yourself.

I'd also love to see a pic, if possible.

My other #40 is a game worn Pittsburgh Penguins jersey from former Minnesota Gopher Frank Pietrangelo.

I send all my stuff to Exclusive Pro Sports in Rockford, IL. Yes, I live in hockey mad Minnesota and have to actually send my stuff out of state to get it done. How sad is that?

http://shop.exclusivepro.com/

This comes up every so often and other people frequently speak in favor of Jersey Express. I've bought something from them and had them do the customizing and it turned out great, so there's two to pick from.

http://www.jerseyexpress.com/

As for the jersey, in the true spirit of someone with over 200 jerseys, I've decided to...do both.

I sent the current one in to be made into a Gerber, and want to get the newer tie-nick style and have the Swiss flags added to the shoulders done as the Aebischer later on.

HansonsSig.jpg

The Gerber is going to be this style.

suisse_away.jpg

I bought this one to be the Aebischer, but Im going to have them cover the "suisse" shoulder crests with the flags as shown on your photo above because I think they are way cooler.

SWISS.gif

Here's where I got the new jersey.

http://www.the-sports-exchange.com/?CID=14...mp;currency=USD

I'm also going to add "Tissot" sponsor patches above the sleeve numbers on both of them like they wear in the World Championships.

Both styles are currently floating around on ebay right now as well.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Aha... yeah. Although they are nice, I don't like the Cross over the U... there is a bit of unoccupied space between the CRoss and the U.

It should be better designed than the current one.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived