World Cup of Table Hockey!

spyboy1

Now these are people after my own heart.

The 10th World Cup of Table Hockey will be held in Moscow, Russia June 8-10, 2007.

http://worldcup07.boardhockey.ru/eng/index.shtml

It's put on every two years by the ITHF - the International Table Hockey Federation.

http://www.ithf.info/stiga/ithf/index.aspx

This is so cool, but I can hardly type "International Table Hockey Federation" without laughing out loud because it's also got an undeniable nerd factor to it that is embarassing to own up to!

I used to spend HOURS playing table hockey when I was about 10-12 years old and actually currently have three of the darn things.

My old boss moved out of state and gave me his old game with the traditional flat, 2D metal players, Toronto vs. Montreal. Since my 3 year-old son loves to mess around with that one I have at work so much we accumulated two more at home.

My wife got a game with 2D plastic guys (the newer bubble hockey guys are 3-D figures) from the mid 70's for $3 at Goodwill with the usual Tornoto vs. (get this) Oakland! It's missing the Toronto goaltender however...

Then I got another one so cheap that I couldn't pass it up that has all the players intact and in perfect shape. It also has plastic 2D guys with Philadelphia vs. NY Islanders. It's got all the NHL logos on the side including Edmonton, Harford, Winnipeg & Quebec, so it's more late 70's.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I love table hockey--although it's been awhile since I've played--I'd probably be pretty rusty.

I entered a tournamnet in college--but got knocked out in a close game by a guy who finished 3rd...

My old table had 2D players--but you could insert thin plastic palyers for each NHL team at the time--all with the dark unis...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived