Throwback Devils and Flames

zig

I made two concepts of NHL teams that are supposed to look like what I picture them wearing if they were around earlier.

The Devil's concept is supposed to be a late 50's and early 60's design. I got rid of the circle around the logo because I wanted change the logo a bit and make it seem older.

The Flames one is a late 60's early 70's design. I originally tried to make it seem like a jersey from the 50's and used a orange that looked like the Pittsburgh Pirates from the 20's. It looked really weird so at the last second I changed the colors to a more modern Flames colors.

For both jerseys the white one is home.

I might make some more if you guys like where i'm headed

throwback3cup.png

flamesthrowback2.png

Here are the Islanders (700 woo)

I used the old Islanders blue and originally included a blue jersey. I replaced the blue one with a orange one which I believe is very WHA like

classicislandersfinalfinal.png

PS: I also like the ''Denis Lemieux'' CHIEFS jersey in your signature... The actor who played that character (Yvon Barrette) is one of my friend's uncle.

I found Lemieux to be the funniest character in the move, I love the beggining when he explains the rules of hockey.

Devils: If you're going to eliminate black everywhere else, then get rid of it on the logo. It looks a little plain right now.

Flames: Not too shabby. I think you should have kept an outline around the C logo, but other than that I like it.

Isles: Best of the bunch! Nothin bad to say about it.

For the time period for Jersey the dark ones were the homes, and possibly the period for the Flames as well.

(Just for the record.)

But not bad--the Jersey jerseys are a bit bland--but fit the era.

The different colour flame segements could work.

The Islanders look similar to the old WHA Oiler ones--so yes--very WHA--that's too much orange for me.

But a bit different angle on these--so I applaud that.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my newest one, The Hurricanes. I used the alt logo but made it simplier by changing the stick into just a normal flag pole and I got rid of the triangle behind the logo. I made this 70's style.

classiccanes.png

Also, Steiny, I tried to get rid of the black but it looked weird so I added green but then it looked too much like the Original Devils jerseys

Archived