Matt Bryant: 3rd longest FG in NFL history

WJMorris3

Well not tajking away from Demsye with the wind he still had to be accurate and it was one hell of a kick.

What are you basing your wind comments on? I was there in Tulane Stadium on Nov. 8, 1970 (I was 9) and granted it was a long time ago but I don't remember any "gusty wind" that day.

Agree completely with the earlier post ref Elam's kick. His was in Denver at altitude and nothing was on the line, it was a "why not" at the end of the first half so no pressure.

Matt Bryant's kick was awesome, he deserves serious kudos.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well not tajking away from Demsye with the wind he still had to be accurate and it was one hell of a kick.

What are you basing your wind comments on? I was there in Tulane Stadium on Nov. 8, 1970 (I was 9) and granted it was a long time ago but I don't remember any "gusty wind" that day.

Agree completely with the earlier post ref Elam's kick. His was in Denver at altitude and nothing was on the line, it was a "why not" at the end of the first half so no pressure.

Matt Bryant's kick was awesome, he deserves serious kudos.

If I remember Elam's attempt with any accuracy at all, it was freezing cold when Elam attempted his.

Interestingly enough, he missed a 65 yarder wide in 2001, leaving one second on the clock. The next play was a 63 yard attempt by the Giants kicker.

IUe6Hvh.png

Can't say for sure, but that would not surprise me. The shoe was specially made, I am sure something hard is at the front of the shoe for kicking.

My dad told (so I'm not sure if it is 100% correct) that alot of people questioned Demsey's shoe, saying that it was easier to kick with. So he kicked an even longer field goal without wearing it (not in a game) to prove them wrong.

That Bryant FG was pretty cool. But I was disappointed earlier in the season when Neil Rackers was going to attempt about a 70 yard FG (I don't remember the exact distance but it was past the 50), but didn't get the chance because of a ten second run off.

Archived