Real Salt Lake gets shirt sponsor

dfwabel

I hate that the soccer teams in North America insist on using European-inspired names. It's idiotic.

I agree. The Salt Lake Xangos would be a much better name. Real Salt Lake reminds me of people who try to add a fake french accent when they say "Tour de France"

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate that the soccer teams in North America insist on using European-inspired names. It's idiotic.

I agree. The Salt Lake Xangos would be a much better name. Real Salt Lake reminds me of people who try to add a fake french accent when they say "Tour de France"

I realize we don't actually have royalty in this country, but how about Royal Salt Lake instead? Same meaning, but it doesn't end up like the Tour de France situation.

No complaints here...wondering , though , if the relatively obscure sponsorships will outnumber major sponsors...

That's the problem, IMHO. A sponsorship can lend credibility or take away from it -- the "Chico's Bail Bonds" effect.

I'm not so sure about Xango in this case ... I'd have thought that RSL might have gone for something outdoorsy (L.L. Bean), or something to do with bees and honey (what else but Sue Bee honey?), or maybe a rich business with a conservative bent (AFLAC or Chick-Fil-A).

I just hope that D.C. United doesn't choose the D.C. Lottery or the Nexus Gold Club ...

I realize we don't actually have royalty in this country, but how about Royal Salt Lake instead? Same meaning, but it doesn't end up like the Tour de France situation.

Naah. The Salt Lake City Royals.

Naming the actual team for the sponsor? That price is already 100 million dollars, what Red Bull paid for The Artists Formerly Known As The Metrodonkeys.

Archived