Edmonton Oilers change?

kiwi_canadian

I wish the Flyers would bring back an old orange jersey. I'm fine with the old 1967 orange, but the good old 80's Flyers orange is where it's at. Their current alt has grown on me, but it has nothing on the old one.

I appreciate how many teams are bringing back old vintage jerseys as alts. It pays homage to the past and preserves tradition. I hope that's a big slap in the face to reebok's stupid program to change all of the uniforms. The teams getting their old jerseys as alts or as part of the vintage program should be a big sign to the league that there's a real tradition that everyone wants to preserve. If the NHL realizes how many of us care about the tradition of hockey, then maybe they might reconsider.

I'm pretty sure that the version of the blue vintage jersey they'll be wearing will be the same one worn at the Heritage Classic, minus the V-patch on the front, i.e., the one you can not buy everywhere.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I'm pretty sure that the version of the blue vintage jersey they'll be wearing will be the same one worn at the Heritage Classic, minus the V-patch on the front, i.e., the one you can not buy everywhere.

I'll bet they have sense enough to wear matching old-school helmet and shorts colors, unlike the hapless Sabres and their half-asses "throwback" attempt.

I'll bet they have sense enough to wear matching old-school helmet and shorts colors, unlike the hapless Sabres and their half-asses "throwback" attempt.

Actually, from what I heard, the Sabres didn't have enough time to have the NHL approve new helmets and pants to match their alternates, so they had to deal with their slugged hats and pants for this season.

They didn't when they wore them for the Heritage Classic and they wore their standard navy blue hockey pants without pant shells to match the jerseys.

They didn't when they wore them for the Heritage Classic and they wore their standard navy blue hockey pants without pant shells to match the jerseys.

They apparently ordered at least the proper colour gloves well in advance for the Heritage Classic, but the equipment manufacturer never delivered. It's mentioned on the DVD, in the commentary track during the Mega Stars game I believe. Hopefully they have the matching stuff this time around, but since it's for just three games (and RBK/CCM are involved) I'm not getting my hopes up.

Archived