Springfield (IL) Stallions

ltravisjr

I am here from Springfield, and we have a fairly new professional indoor football team. It is a fledgling team in a league you all probably have never heard of - the Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL). Anyway, I hadn't realized they have a new identity for their second year, so I thought I would post it. I don't know who created it, but as far as logos for small market low budget teams, it isn't bad. Perhaps its a little trite and generic, but anyway here it is:

200px-SpringfieldStallionsCIFLlogo.png

If your stomach is not turned, and you want a peek at some of the other logos in the league, the site is http://www.continentalindoorfootball.com/

LT

Come to think of it, I recongize some of the logos in this league. Either some of the teams have already been introduced to sportslogos.net or...

Looks like every other stylised bronco/colt/stallion logo of the last decade.

But its still nice, and importantly they at least they made an effort to hire a designer and get something professional!

liverpool-1.png

a league you all probably have never heard of - the Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL).

Ive heard of it. It used to be the Great Lakes Indoor Football League, until they realized that Chesapeake and NY/ NJ were nowhere near the Great Lakes!

Signature intentionally left blank

Even though the team has yet to pay me for this (long story, basically 90% of indoor football owners are crooks) I'm going to post this for my pride.

The version post above is a recolored version of a png file I emailed for proofing. As with all my work, all typography is completely custom rendered.

Colors are maroon and gold.

FINALSpringfieldStallionsIdentityPa.png

www.skyedesignstudios.com

Even though the team has yet to pay me for this (long story, basically 90% of indoor football owners are crooks)

Maybe they just can't pay you yet since they have to pay rent on a nice new office/souveneir store in the local mall :wacko:

Maybe I'll wisper something about this the next time I am shopping...

LT

Oh, nice job on the proof. I like this original palette better.

Yes, I have created most of the logos for teams in the league, as well as the league logo and web graphics. For my first real sports gig, I am overall pleased with the outcome of just about all of them. There are some I'd rather do differently, but the owner's have the final say, so that's why some are some interesting ideas in there.

Any comments are appreciated, so bash 'em, praise 'em, do what ever you want, I have pretty thick skin. :grin:

And Skye, I'll talk to the league owners and get a word in for you to get paid for that, that's something this league does not want to be known for, like some other ones.

I think your original colours are far superior than the ones they went with Skye. They make the stallion look less feminine because the sharper angles are easier to make out.

liverpool-1.png

Oh, nice job on the proof. I like this original palette better.

Like I said, the team went ahead and recolored the original .png logo i sent them in gold and maroon (thats why its resolution is so terrible.)

I appreciate the comments guys.

www.skyedesignstudios.com

Archived