Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot 2007

gueman

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tony Gwynn for commissioner of baseball, right? I can't think of anyone more dedicated to the sport, who did it the right way, and is a fine ambassador for the sport.

I'm so glad he and Ripken are going in together without the taint of McGwire and the steroid accusations. Good for them, but especially, good for him. Tony Gwynn is one of my, and should be your, all-time favorite players.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Tony Gwynn is one of my, and should be your, all-time favorite players.

Also for me. He was the Teddy Williams of my times. Although (besides being a Red Sox fan) I'm rooting for the Giants, I've a Padres' jersey in hommage to mister Tony Gwynn.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

There's no question as to which caps will be featured on the Ripken and Gwynn Hall of Fame plaques.

But I'd like to know who didn't vote for these guys, especially Ripken. Whoever didn't vote for Ripken should be banned from Hall of Fame voting.

And I wish Blyleven would have gotten in. He may have to wait for the Veterans Committee.

Well, I'm guessing the cap on Ripken's plaque won't have the smiling cartoon Oriole? :D

I'd like to know who didn't vote for them as well. It's a shame that some sportswriters didn't bother to vote them in. Both guys are truly deserving to be voted into the hall of fame. Congrats to Gwynn and Ripken.

I saw, I came, I left.

Some voters fill in a blank ballot every year because Babe Ruth wasn't elected unanimously.

People *really* need to get a grip.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived