NHL Uniform Rundown

johnnysama

My $0.02:

BUFFALO SABRES: Absolutely LOVE the new uniforms, but the logo should've been a blue/yellow version of the old third jersey's crossed swords.

I was hoping for that from day one. amen.

Ahem...

WESTERN CONFERENCE

PACIFIC DIVISION:

ANAHEIM DUCKS: Awful. I can't read the damn wordmark.

DALLAS STARS: OK, but the logo could be tweaked.

LOS ANGELES KINGS: Go back to the purple and gold!!!

PHOENIX COYOTES: I prefer the Hopi logo and the busy green and red.

SAN JOSE SHARKS: Claassy blue, the whites...meh.

NORTHWEST DIVISION:

CALGARY FLAMES: I like the mid-90s look, with the asymmetrical striping..

COLORADO AVALANCHE: OK I guess. It neither thrills me nor disgusts me..

EDMONTON OILERS: Good use of color. Do we dare change the logo?.

MINNESOTA WILD: Expand the circle logo look somehow. .

VANCOUVER CANUCKS: What's Johnny Canuck? Go back to the beginning, When Less Was More.

CENTRAL DIVISION:

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS: The best. Shut yo mouf.

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS: It's OK. The Civil War motif works for me.

DETROIT RED WINGS: Pains me to say it, but it's great .

NASHVILLE PREDATORS:Awful. Start again. The skull logo makes my skin crawl.

ST. LOUIS BLUES: The best they've looked since the expansion set.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

ATLANTIC DIVISION:

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: Boring. But that's what I think of when I think of Jersey.

NEW YORK ISLANDERS: Love it. The wordmark is almost touchingly bad. The four strokes on the sleeve is genius.

NEW YORK RANGERS: Great. All three.

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS: Lose the beveled logo, go back to the orange as the main, and give me a white uni with orange sleeves.

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS: I wish they'd go back to the ice blue. It's obvious Pittsburgh isn't the City of Champions anymore, so screw the color scheme.

NORTHEAST DIVISION:

BOSTON BRUINS: Too busy. Give me a bare shoulder please.

BUFFALO SABRES: Buffaslug sucks. I would prefer the old-school French Connection unis.

MONTREAL CANADIENS: As good as any uniform anywhere ever.

OTTAWA SENATORS: Every step they've taken has been classy. Love them all. The swoop kicks.

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS: I like these, and I like the alts.

SOUTHEAST DIVISION:

ATLANTA THRASHERS: Yicch. The logo is lousy, and the wordmark on the sleeve is terrible.

CAROLINA HURRICANES: That's a lot of red. But would black shorts make it any better?

FLORIDA PANTHERS: More of the red jersey, less of the blue.

Lose the palm tree.

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING: Could be improved, but I like the colors.

WASHINGTON CAPITALS: I like their old-school better, but the new ones are classsy as well.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

NEW YORK ISLANDERS: Another team that needs an overhaul, but this time go with a designer that isn't retarded!

explain to me the overhaul the Islanders need? we have one of the classiest and simplest uniforms in hockey...

The Islanders need to go back to royal and orange. Same with the Oilers.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

WESTERN CONFERENCE

PACIFIC DIVISION:

ANAHEIM DUCKS: Color scheme is ok. Jerseys are alright. The logo as a word mark is alright. however they need a logo to go with the word mark or put more effort into the logo so it just doesn't look like a wordmark.

DALLAS STARS: no problem with there package.

LOS ANGELES KINGS: i like everything they have maybe add a goldish-yellow as trim

PHOENIX COYOTES: i prefer there current set over the boring set they had.

SAN JOSE SHARKS: I like it why change it?

NORTHWEST DIVISION:

CALGARY FLAMES: i actually don't have a problem with there look but the black 'c' on the red jersey is well ugly. substitute the ugly black 'C' for a white one in black trim and i might consider buying a calgary red jersey.

COLORADO AVALANCHE: Fine as is.

EDMONTON OILERS: Fine as is. maybe bring back the 97 white jersey as an alternate.

MINNESOTA WILD: not sure what i would change.

VANCOUVER CANUCKS: Colors are fine and the jerseys are fine. But the canucks need a new logo. The orca logo doesn't do much for me. maybe bring back the skate logo in current colors?

CENTRAL DIVISION:

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS: no need to change. maybe add a cream based alternate.

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS: make the third jersey the primary home and make a white version of it and you have perfection here. regulate the 'CBJ' logo to alternate and make the alternate logo the primary.

DETROIT RED WINGS: no need to change. maybe a throwback inspired 3rd.

NASHVILLE PREDATORS: no clue what to do here. ditch the mustard alts. those are ugly.

ST. LOUIS BLUES: current look is good, i wouldn't mind bringing back the horn logo recolored in current colors. maybe make an alternate out of it or something like that.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

ATLANTIC DIVISION

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: if it isn't broken don't mess with it.

NEW YORK ISLANDERS: you know my feelings on this.

NEW YORK RANGERS: i'm probably in the minority but i wouldn't mind the Statue of LIberty thirds as a full time set. but the current set is nice though.

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS: ditch the third. bring back the orange flyers jersey and regulate the black back to alternate.

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS: i actually like there current set.

NORTHEAST DIVISION:

BOSTON BRUINS: the current third should be there primary and a white one to go along with it and completely drop the set they have now.

BUFFALO SABRES: The Buffaslug is a complete and absolute abomination and perversion of the buffalo sabres. Send the logo and uniforms to the toilet and flush it down the toilet and contact JS and use one of his designs.

MONTREAL CANADIENS: Perfection

OTTAWA SENATORS: maybe a white version of there home jersey?

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS: i actually don't get a boner in bashing the TML logo/Silver scheme. There set they have now is fine.

SOUTHEAST DIVISION:

ATLANTA THRASHERS: get rid of that baby blue home jersey or make some serious changes to it.

CAROLINA HURRICANES: not much i would change.

FLORIDA PANTHERS: bring back the red jersey full time.

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING: a complete overhaul wouldn't hurt them. Though given the Sabres, i don't trust project runway designers designing nhl logos/uniforms.

WASHINGTON CAPITALS: Current logos are fine, just ditch the washington wizards scheme and go back to red, white, and navy with gold as trim.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Great thread. I always enjoy reading the NHL uniform threads for some reason.

A few mentioned the Red Wings should go with an throwback alt of some sort. They wore these several times years back. They were throwbacks from the 30s I think....you see quite a few people at Joe Louis Arena wearing them...

vyzerman1.jpg

Wing's Throwback

Archived