Schiano staying at Rutgers

jkrdevil

This was predictable. Schiano wants to be the Joe Pa of Rutgers, which means turning that school around, making it a powerhouse, and staying there...forever.

Here's a conversation about the Miami vacancy a couple of weeks ago after some Rutgers day game...

Rece: So, are you going to go for the job at Miami?

Schiano: I'm going to be here for a very, very, very long time.

Rece: So you're staying at Rutgers?

Schiano: I'm going to be here for a very, very, very long time.

So yeah, Tony ain't goin nowhere.

Or he is waiting for Joe Pa to retire and inthe meantime he can stay in the Northeast and build on the recruiting base he already has created. I think he is smart to pass on the mess in Miami and stay where he could be building something special.

RobbyBox2.jpg

Or he is waiting for Joe Pa to retire and inthe meantime he can stay in the Northeast and build on the recruiting base he already has created. I think he is smart to pass on the mess in Miami and stay where he could be building something special.

I've always thought that if he left Rutgers it would be for Penn State when Paterno retires (although it seems like he will coach until he dies). Like you said if goes to Penn State from Rutgers he still has pretty much the same recruiting zone.

The question is...who is going to coach the canes? Bill Cower? John Gruden? All the "rumored" ones are locked up Schiano, Spurrier, Butch Davis. I say they just coach themselves with special "advisor" Ray Lewis. If you can beat them AND get out alive, you win the game. As far as JoePa, I bet he coaches for at least two seasons AFTER he dies. :D

KISSwall09.jpg

...and when the hell was Jon Gruden rumored for the Miami job, just because he's having an off year.

He's not. I just like to read some of the garbage people post on the bucs official site and some of the idiotic radio callers here and there. The "rumored" ones were the ones I put out there (Schiano, etc) and no, I really don't think JoePa will coach after he's dead.

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived