This Eagles endzone looks sloppy.

The_Admiral

Am I the only one who likes the dirt muddy fields in the late season?

No THATS TRUE FOOTBALL

Correct. No excuse for outdoor carpet.

I love tradition and all, but I'd rather watch a good game of football on an 'outdoor carpet' over a sloppy game on a muddy field. People who chastise NFL teams for using artificial turfs need to actually take a walk or a jog on those turfs before throwing them under the bus. The newer fake turfs are so good that they actually are... and dare I say it... BETTER than grass, especially in northern stadiums where there is inclimate weather this time of year.

It allows the players to play the game without being sloppy and keep the level of gameplay very high. I know a lot of people are into seeing their players covered in mud and bits of grass, I for one am more interested in the actual gameplay. I guess I'm part of the minority here.

Hey, I'm a Bears fan. I want ugly, dirty, blue-collar football. If I wanted clean, pretty games, I'd be a Colts fan. I like that crappy weather is a a major dimension of late-season games. It's what sets football apart. No matter how cold, rainy, foggy, or muddy it is, you play. It's not the same with rubber crumbs.

crap

Someone doesn't get the board.

Hey I'm a Bears fan too...two and a half decades worth of hard love. I almost :censored: myself when I heard a rumor of a dome being put on the new Soldier Field. I hate domes, but I don't mind the NEW fake turf because it actually looks real and has properties very similar to grass. Its not like the old lime green carpet that they literally rolled over a slab of concrete.

Yeah, I know that its cool to see mud and grass on uniforms. There's nothing quite like seeing Urlacher nearly tear apart a player and see that guy get up woozy with a piece of the turf stuck in his facemask. That being said, I prefer watching guys playing good football over muddy sloppy football....but I still hate domes

If you were the owner of a team paying up to 10 million / year for star players, would you want to risk injury or loss of fans because someone slipped in mud and was injured? I think it may be too much to put domes on all of the stadiums, but ensuring a safe playing surface is the least anyone can do. They are professionals, and all professionals should be guaranteed a safe working environment.

As for the Eagles endzone, I was working at the game last night, and I agree it would have looked better had they just painted the rest of it in. However, they are incredibly anal about that field, and want as little paint as possible on it. They say something about the products that they treat it with having poor reactions to a lot of oils, including even skin! They tightly regulate how many people are on that field during the week, and there are penalties for touching it without permission (I was explained this during a training session.) I don't get it - I figure just paint it - the season is almost over, there isn' t much to lose, but what do I know - I'm just an usher.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Hey I'm a Bears fan too...two and a half decades worth of hard love. I almost :censored: myself when I heard a rumor of a dome being put on the new Soldier Field. I hate domes, but I don't mind the NEW fake turf because it actually looks real and has properties very similar to grass. Its not like the old lime green carpet that they literally rolled over a slab of concrete.

Yeah, I know that its cool to see mud and grass on uniforms. There's nothing quite like seeing Urlacher nearly tear apart a player and see that guy get up woozy with a piece of the turf stuck in his facemask. That being said, I prefer watching guys playing good football over muddy sloppy football....but I still hate domes

Even though the new carpet resembles grass (at least for a while until it looks like the grey crap at the Meadowlands), and yes, the Bears had the fake stuff at Soldier before, I'd hate to see them go back to it. The Packers and the Bears should always be outdoors, on real grass and dirt. That's football. (And baseball, for that matter.) The idea of a domed Soldier makes me sick. Remember last year, when Michael Vick was turned into a herpes popsicle? Herpsicle? Stuff like that should never be taken away.

Safety is important, but the elements should always be the third team.

Even though the new carpet resembles grass (at least for a while until it looks like the grey crap at the Meadowlands), and yes, the Bears had the fake stuff at Soldier before, I'd hate to see them go back to it. The Packers and the Bears should always be outdoors, on real grass and dirt. That's football. (And baseball, for that matter.) The idea of a domed Soldier makes me sick. Remember last year, when Michael Vick was turned into a herpes popsicle? Herpsicle? Stuff like that should never be taken away.

Safety is important, but the elements should always be the third team.

Herpsicle!!!!

:lol: LMFAO!!!!

I've been repeating that word over and over in my office.

I am a fan of the REAL stuff as long as it doesn't turn into a Woodstock style (and I mean the 90's version) mud pit. As for domes....when I heard that they were even considering a dome on BOTH the new Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium I just about felt my spleen burst from screaming so loud.

BTW, I put this same thread on the Eagles website for Dave Spadaro (their press guy). No response, though some posters agreed with me that it looked cheapo. I was at the game and it looked worse from the cheap seats....I had to stare at it for 3hrs.

Bring back the Whale!

1. Its December in Philadelphia

2. They just had the Army-Navy game on Saturday.

Give them a break...

Yeah,but again what everyone is saying is the if they were gonna paint the endzone to cover up the ARMY and NAVY,they might as well do it all the way right.

Archived