This Eagles endzone looks sloppy.

The_Admiral

Cut them some slack, it's the first of December it been cold and rainy and Army/Navy was painted where those black boxes with Eagles logos appear now. Their turf still looks tons better than the cow pasture that the Titans are plodding on at LP Field.

RobbyBox2.jpg

The Eagles did the same thing last year just they used green instead of black.

The weird thing was the green was closer to the green used in the Cunningham era than the current green.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

You could still make out some of the Army and Navy logos in the end zones.

I heard something interesting related to this over the weekend. During the radio broadcast of the Army-Navy game, one of the commentators mentioned talking to Chet Gladchuk, Navy's Athletic Director. Gladchuk said that next year's game is in Baltimore, but they would really like it to be held in Philadelphia permanently after that. One of the sticking points is that they would like the game to be played on turf, and turf would have to be put in Lincoln Financial Field for that to happen.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Cut them some slack, it's the first of December it been cold and rainy and Army/Navy was painted where those black boxes with Eagles logos appear now. Their turf still looks tons better than the cow pasture that the Titans are plodding on at LP Field.

Not trying to maliciously hijack the thread,bu mark my words bud,LP Field will be the next NFL stadium to install FieldTurf.

LP/Adelphia/Whatever has been a horrible field for years. I remember a Monday night game almost 5 years ago between New England and Tennessee. The field was so bad it was dirt painted green.

Seems like not much has changed. I don't know who else plays there besides the Titans, and an annual bowl game. At least Gillette Stadium had the Revolution as an excuse/scapegoat.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Seems like not much has changed. I don't know who else plays there besides the Titans, and an annual bowl game. At least Gillette Stadium had the Revolution as an excuse/scapegoat.

I think Tennessee State plays there home games there too.

Their field always looks bad though.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I think Tennessee State plays there home games there too.

Their field always looks bad though.

and that's why that stadium needs FieldTurf ASAP

Am I the only one who likes the dirt muddy fields in the late season?

No THATS TRUE FOOTBALL

Correct. No excuse for outdoor carpet.

I love tradition and all, but I'd rather watch a good game of football on an 'outdoor carpet' over a sloppy game on a muddy field. People who chastise NFL teams for using artificial turfs need to actually take a walk or a jog on those turfs before throwing them under the bus. The newer fake turfs are so good that they actually are... and dare I say it... BETTER than grass, especially in northern stadiums where there is inclimate weather this time of year.

It allows the players to play the game without being sloppy and keep the level of gameplay very high. I know a lot of people are into seeing their players covered in mud and bits of grass, I for one am more interested in the actual gameplay. I guess I'm part of the minority here.

CCSLC,

On behalf of everyone in the NFL, we would like to apologize that the Eagles field did not meet your rigid standards last night. We would also like to apologize for Tennessee failing to meet the same lofty goals. While we are at, here are some other things that we need to make ammends for:

-The Vikings' purple pants

-The Bengals' uniforms

-The Bills' uniforms

-The Lions adding black

-The new referee uniforms

-The Panthers not always having logos on their pants

-Any third jersey that may offend you

-The Cardinals' facemasks

-Coaches not wearing suits

-Coaches wearing suits

-The ESPN scoreboard

-Anything Fox does

Please, seriously, let us know if there is anything else you don't like. Maybe not this year, but perhaps at some time, we will lose fans because our fields are sloppy or our uniforms don't meet your specifications. Thank you for always finding something to whine about. It's what makes the NFL what it is.

Sincerely,

Roger Goodell

NFL Commissioner

P.S.: David Stern says enjoy the Wizards' new look.

ducks-large.jpg

Am I the only one who likes the dirt muddy fields in the late season?

No THATS TRUE FOOTBALL

Correct. No excuse for outdoor carpet.

I love tradition and all, but I'd rather watch a good game of football on an 'outdoor carpet' over a sloppy game on a muddy field. People who chastise NFL teams for using artificial turfs need to actually take a walk or a jog on those turfs before throwing them under the bus. The newer fake turfs are so good that they actually are... and dare I say it... BETTER than grass, especially in northern stadiums where there is inclimate weather this time of year.

It allows the players to play the game without being sloppy and keep the level of gameplay very high. I know a lot of people are into seeing their players covered in mud and bits of grass, I for one am more interested in the actual gameplay. I guess I'm part of the minority here.

Hey, I'm a Bears fan. I want ugly, dirty, blue-collar football. If I wanted clean, pretty games, I'd be a Colts fan. I like that crappy weather is a a major dimension of late-season games. It's what sets football apart. No matter how cold, rainy, foggy, or muddy it is, you play. It's not the same with rubber crumbs.

crap

Someone doesn't get the board.

You obviously don't understand guy-with-oregon-in-his-sig-because-it's-so-damn-ugly-that-I-can't-look-away-long-enough-to-catch-your-name..

This is of the greatest importantce! God forbid that they just had a game two days before and it's been raining and crap, they should've fixed the field!!!!

(that took me way too long to write for the humor that will not be got out of it)

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Archived