Spurs @ Hornets tonight

Shroinke

As many people here have predicted, the Hornets are again wearing their yellow alternates that say "New Orleans" across the chest at home tonight instead of their regular white home uniforms that say "Hornets".

Just like with Houston's red uniforms, the Spurs black unis contrast enough to make it look alright.

As many people here have predicted, the Hornets are again wearing their yellow alternates that say "New Orleans" across the chest at home tonight instead of their regular white home uniforms that say "Hornets".

Just like with Houston's red uniforms, the Spurs black unis contrast enough to make it look alright.

Actually, the home whites now say "Oklahoma City" on them, so it'd be out of place to where the whites in New Orleans. That's probably why they have only worn the yellow in N.O.

Actually, the home whites now say "Oklahoma City" on them, so it'd be out of place to where the whites in New Orleans. That's probably why they have only worn the yellow in N.O.

No, the regular home whites still have "Hornets" across the chest. The Oklahoma City jersey is an alternate.

No, the regular home whites still have "Hornets" across the chest. The Oklahoma City jersey is an alternate.

Absolutly correct, I don't even think they wore the home white with the "Oklahoma City" on it this year. I could be wrong. I only known them to wear it one time and it was last season for the "Fan Appreciation" game. The white jersey with the "Hornets" across the chest and the OKC patch are the home jerseys.

Absolutly correct, I don't even think they wore the home white with the "Oklahoma City" on it this year. I could be wrong. I only known them to wear it one time and it was last season for the "Fan Appreciation" game. The white jersey with the "Hornets" across the chest and the OKC patch are the home jerseys.

They've worn the OKC jerseys once so far this year, against Golden State for the Oklahoma City home opener.

72543089.jpg

Hey, you're from OKC. If you guys get to keep the Hornets, which I hope you do, do you think they should change color schemes? I think it'd be a perfect time to switch to black and yellow to better fit the name, and maybe throw in some brick red since Oklahoma City's nickname is "Bricktown" or something.

Hey, you're from OKC. If you guys get to keep the Hornets, which I hope you do, do you think they should change color schemes? I think it'd be a perfect time to switch to black and yellow to better fit the name, and maybe throw in some brick red since Oklahoma City's nickname is "Bricktown" or something.

Well it looks like the Hornets are going back to New Orleans next year. However, if they were to permanently relocate to OKC in the event of another natural disaster or there not being enough fan/corporate support in New Orleans, I would like to see the team drop the Hornets name and adopt the nickname of Thunderbirds. Charlotte should be the Hornets, the name has a lot more meaning in Charlotte than Oklahoma.

The Thunderbird is a prominent figure in Native American cultures which would be very fitting for any Oklahoma team. Also, the 45th Infantry Division, a unit originally based out of Ft. Sill, OK, fought in World War II, and became an all-Oklahoma division after WWII (they were also one of only 2 National Guard divisions to see combat in the Korean War); were nicknamed the Thunderbirds. If I had my choice of colors, it'd be cardinal red and gold seeing as how those were the colors of the 45th's insignia.

Btw, Hornets are wearing the gold alts again tonight against the Mavs in New Orleans.

That's a good idea. Thunderbirds is a unique and relevant name, but it's similar in length and cadence to Timberwolves, and "Oklahoma City Thunderbirds" is a mouthful. It could still work, though.

Archived