TSN/CFL Partnership

DMadSport

I look at it this way... CFL on CBC was falling apart... they went through the motions... u know their broadcast was in trouble when last year during thr strike the live games where they ran with no commentary did better ratings than thr previous games...

cbc has not really inovated their boradcasts... and thay are losing all their good comenators... atleast 2008 I will no longer have to listen to Chris Walby... bomber or not... cant stand him... khari jones is ok though... tsn runs a tight ship when it comes to football and they are using the same approach to their NHl broadcasts... i really think its only a matter of time when HNIC comes over to TSN...

btw i believe its now about 80% of canadians have dish or cable now as it is... so the free tv argument is kinda deadweight...

Yeah, I was wondering about because I heard the number of Canadian having cable or satellite was very high. I think I heard about 90% a couple of years back. If you look at THIS link, you will find text about studies that shows that.

According to BBM’s spring 2006 survey the combined penetration of cable and DTH was some 90.3%, that is, only about 1 in 10 Canadians now depend on over-the-air reception of TV. Over the past decade the percentage of people relying on OTA reception has shrunk from more than 20% to less than 10%, that is, the OTA segment has been reduced by half during this period. Note that a small percent of homes with wireless cable are included in the cable TV totals.

I saw, I came, I left.

And Chris Cuthbert wins yet again.

CBC screwed him over, and now things have come around.

I hope they lose the NHL contract too.

Ron and Don on CTV would be wonderful.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Archived