Art Shell Out at End of the Season

Fred T. Jane

*snickers*

OK, here's the spiel.

Adam Scheffler, a reporter for the NFL Network, broke a story today that, according to a high-ranking official in the Oakland Raiders, stated that coach Art Shell was to be fired at the end of the season. Of course, the bastion of rational thought that is the Oakland Raiders responded to the report...

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/16294288.htm

Raiders deny report that Shell will be fired

By Bill Soliday

MEDIANEWS STAFF

The Raiders responded angrily to an NFL Network report Thursday that owner Al Davis will fire Art Shell as coach at the end of the year.

The report, by NFL Network's Adam Schefter, cited a club source as saying Davis was displeased with several aspects of the job Shell has done.

It cited his handling of receivers Randy Moss and Jerry Porter, the team's offense and quarterback situation and that Shell and his staff "have lacked inspired leadership" during the club's 2-12 season.

The Raiders promptly denied the firing allegations.

"Adam Schefter has always been a false rumor mongerer with respect to the Raiders and (is) anti-Raider biased (Had to fix a typo. Come on CC Times, proofread before publishing, mmkay?) upon his relationship with Denver and with Mike Shanahan," they said in a statement.

Before joining NFL Network, Schefter covered the Broncos for the MediaNews-owned Denver Post.

The Raiders' response went on to say that "no decisions have been made relative to the 2007 Oakland Raiders nor will they be made for some time. Schefter could not have gotten his information from a 'reliable source' because there's only one reliable source, and he doesn't trust Adam."

The reference to the "one reliable source" is to Davis. In his report, Schefter used the words "high-ranking official," rather than "reliable source."

At the conclusion of his report during the pregame show before the Vikings-Packers game Thursday, Schefter said, "Now Al Davis has been known to change his mind and could again. But as it stands now, Shell is expected to be let go."

Saturday's Raiders game against Kansas City will be telecast by the NFL Network. It also will be shown on KPIX, Channel 5.

So yeah, he's anti-Raiders because he was a reporter for the Denver Post. Apart from that, the winning line is definitely the fact that he is a "false rumor mongerer" (sic!). I for one hope to never be branded with such a, er, well, mean-spirited term. ^_^

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

The Raiders are a mess its time Al Davis stepped aside and let someone who understand football in the 21st Century run the show.

Davis's ways no longer work.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Imagine what Art's go-round could have been like had Davis only given him an NFL team to coach.

An NFL team in Oakland? You're such a false rumormongerer...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

My fantasy basketball league ran a poll asking which NBA team was the most mismanaged. Among the choices was the Oakland Raiders, since their ineptitude transcends leagues.

I still voted for the Knicks, but the Raiders choice was mighty tempting ...

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Archived