Texans in all navy

dennisbergan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That defeats the entire purpose of this thread, what would happen to the navy blue jersey

Quiet you (74 posts in a day!), that red and white look is terrific. The teams that use only colored pants (Packers and...who else?) traditionally have the darker color reserved for the jersey, not the pant. That concept is bold and kind of refreshing, and definitely works.

Even better, they already have the necessary components to make it work. Go for it. It might even make the Houston faithful forget about Reggie Bush and Vince Young.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The team originally had a white helmet but they changed it for some reason or another. They had the white helmet at the team naming ceremony back in 2001. Sometime the next year, the blue helmet showed up and everyone acted like nothing happened.

I'm a huge Texans fan and I'm still not sure of the exact story behind the white helmet. My best guess is that is was just a prop to show the logo...I honestly don't think they knew at that point what the color of the helmet would be...and it was in 2000 when they unveiled the logo and name, not 2001, a full two years before the team took the field. In 2001 they unveiled the uniforms with the blue helmet.

Archived