Texans in all navy

dennisbergan

I'm sorry. I don't see the real difference between these and the Bills monochrome.

The Texans' marketing dept. can call this color "Deep Steel Blue", but in reality, it's hte exact same color that the Bills, Bears, and Seahawks use - and call it "Dark Navy".

In fact, it's the same fabric color that the Yankees, Red Sox, Cardinals, Tigers and Angels use as well.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but i hope they would wear the red top with the blue pants at least one time

I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans bust out this look next week.

They were originally (as of a few months ago) supposed to wear the red alts this week against the Colts. They have only worn the red alts once this year, so they could wear them against next week.

Red jerseys with navy pants? Could happen next week against Cleveland. It would be about the only reason to care about this game. :D

but i hope they would wear the red top with the blue pants at least one time

I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans bust out this look next week.

They were originally (as of a few months ago) supposed to wear the red alts this week against the Colts. They have only worn the red alts once this year, so they could wear them against next week.

Red jerseys with navy pants? Could happen next week against Cleveland. It would be about the only reason to care about this game. :D

I'm praying for the Browns to bust out the brown pants with the white jersey. Why add the pants to your set & then never wear them once this year?

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

I'm sorry. I don't see the real difference between these and the Bills monochrome.

Aside from the Bills uniforms being terrible no matter what combination they wear, I think the big thing is that there's no stripes that don't match up down the side of the uniform.

IUe6Hvh.png

I hope so. As long as red socks are involved, this could be my favorite new look of the year.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Am I the only one who finds the Texans unis to be extremely boring?

No you are not. Decent helmet. Otherwise it's about as generic as they come. The all blue look was horrific.

I think the Texans have a very cool logo, but the rest of the uniform is very generic. I'll take it over the crazy style of teams like Falcons, Bengals, and Vikings, but they could do a lot better when you start with a really nice logo like they have.

I'm praying for the Browns to bust out the brown pants with the white jersey. Why add the pants to your set & then never wear them once this year?

heh, the Jaguars have teal pants. matter of fact, they're on their second set of teal pants (the first set had the same stripe found on the white pants, the current ones are basically teal versions of the black pants). neither set of pants has ever been worn, and have mainly been collecting dust. Wouldn't be surprised to find the Browns' brown pants in the same dustbin. shoot, the Rams' white pants were added last year but weren't worn until this year.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I threw this together right quickt 2 see how it would look with the solid red stripe pants against the blue and red jersey. I honestly think that it does look better this way especially with the red socks. I also added in

the players number inside of the stripe just 2 see...What do you think?

CONCEPT81-Texans.jpg

I do declare, you're onto something there, sir. I like the way the pants stripe now mimics the design of the sleeve stripes. Also, nice touch on the pants number. Those have been out of circulation for what, 20 years in the NFL? Wouldn't mind seeing those turn up on occasion.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I threw this together right quickt 2 see how it would look with the solid red stripe pants against the blue and red jersey. I honestly think that it does look better this way especially with the red socks. I also added in

the players number inside of the stripe just 2 see...What do you think?

CONCEPT81-Texans.jpg

Make that helmet white and you have one of the best sets in the league.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

The Texans' marketing dept. can call this color "Deep Steel Blue", but in reality, it's hte exact same color that the Bills, Bears, and Seahawks use - and call it "Dark Navy".

In fact, it's the same fabric color that the Yankees, Red Sox, Cardinals, Tigers and Angels use as well.

But the Bears 'midnight blue' is much darker than the navy blue that the Bills and other teams use, right?

BTW, the Texans would look good wearing red pants with that navy jersey.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

The team originally had a white helmet but they changed it for some reason or another. They had the white helmet at the team naming ceremony back in 2001. Sometime the next year, the blue helmet showed up and everyone acted like nothing happened.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived