Raptors Concept Logo

josh_cat_eyes

I thought that with the raptors new unis that the gray ball with the claws looked a little plain to be their main logo. I came up with this! :flagcanada: C&C please.

gfjfj.jpg

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

Not bad, except for the funky outlines. Get rid of those and it might work.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I agree with witedawg.

Just curious what would it look like with the stem of the leaf.

I already had a stem on it but it made the basketball look weird. About the outlines...I had a 30 day trial of paint shop pro but it just ran out. Thats what I made it with. I didn't really like it anyway...Anybody know of any other programs I can get for free.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

quick update..

raps.png

In the words of Borat: "Very nice!" ^_^

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Yep, because we can't have a team based in Canada without a maple Leaf somewhere on it even thought it has nothing to do with their nickname. Unless you're the Toronto MAPLE LEAFS, lose the leaf.

That being said, this looks good. The claw is not strong enough on it's own and this makes it look better.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Yep, because we can't have a team based in Canada without a maple Leaf somewhere on it even thought it has nothing to do with their nickname. Unless you're the Toronto MAPLE LEAFS, lose the leaf.

That being said, this looks good. The claw is not strong enough on it's own and this makes it look better.

Considering they're the only Canadian team in the NBA, I say the leaf works.

But they're NOT the Canada Raptors, they're the Toronto Raptors.

So does this mean American teams such as the Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots, Washington Capitals, etc. should ditch the stars in their logo because they arent the United States Cowboys/Patriots/Capitals?

No because all the teams metioned by you are using a star not simple because the happen to be a team in America, but because it fits with their identity.

Dallas has a star because they in Texas the lone STAR state, and a star is an image that is ofter associated with cowboys. Sherriff badges, sleeping out under the stars, spurs ect.

The New England have a subtle star because being a patriot, or patriotism is their theme.

Washington Capitals have a star because patriotism, American politics ect is their theme.

The Raptors having a Maple Leaf is like the Minnesota Timberwolves putting a star on their unform for no reason.

Can you see the difference?

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

No because all the teams metioned by you are using a star not simple because the happen to be a team in America, but because it fits with their identity.

Dallas has a star because they in Texas the lone STAR state, and a star is an image that is ofter associated with cowboys. Sherriff badges, sleeping out under the stars, spurs ect.

The New England have a subtle star because being a patriot, or patriotism is their theme.

Washington Capitals have a star because patriotism, American politics ect is their theme.

The Raptors having a Maple Leaf is like the Minnesota Timberwolves putting a star on their unform for no reason.

I think you're making to much of this. We're proud of our national symbol, what harm does it do to incorporate it into the logos of a few teams? Especially for the Raptors, the only Canadian team in the NBA, and who are marketing themselves as "Canada's team."

So basically, stop making a big deal about nothing. After all, only two Canadian teams in the NHL, MLB, CFL, and NBA actually use a maple leaf in their logo set. So it's obviously not as bad as you think it is. IMO I think it's to low a number. The Raptors, Blue Jays, and Canucks could all stand to incorporate a leaf into their identity in some way.

Putting a maple leaf in the logos of all Canadian teams allows us Americans to more easily identify and marginalize them. :P

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

That makes absolutely no sense. The raptors have a maple leaf because that is the sign for Canada. That is where they are located.

Toronto is in Canada. Canada uses a Maple Leaf as a sign.

Raptors using Leaf wouldn't be the same as the t'wolves using a random star.

Me is back

And the Raptors are in Toronto and should have a maple leaf because they are IN Canada. Same logic.

Icecap got it right with the low number of Canadian teams actually using a maple leaf in their logos.

Texas teams using the Texas flag and stars are far more prevalent and annoying than Canadian teams using a maple leaf.

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

Archived