BC Place Roof collapses

Lee.

BC needs to build another venue for Football (and possibly Baseball for the future). They can learn from the skydome which has been one of the better sheltered stadiums around the world.

that wont happen bc has already been spent billions of dollars on olympic venues and it would be stupid to spend even more money on a stadium that would only be used around 4 months of the year. maybe the lions could play in the new whitecap stadium but i dont know if that would be big enough

The Whitecaps stadium would be easy enough to expand to 35,000 or so (from the currently-planned 15,000), I just don't know if the proposed site in Gastown is big enough for an expanded footprint.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Just take the doggone roof off. You don't want an indoor venue, anyway, for opening or closing ceremonies in any kinds of Olympics, winter or summer.

have you been in vancouver in the winter, you dont want a outdoor arena, and like i said earlier there is no drainage system

The Metrodome popped once when they had a square metal platform they were using to put snow onto for removal. There was an "avalanche" when snow shifted and slid down the roof, taking the weight off the section they were clearing. That part of the roof then raised up quickly and was torn by the corner of the "bucket" they were loading the snow onto.

PFFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

Down she went.

It shouldn't be a big deal in Vancouver. Just wait for the new section to be delivered, slide it into place and puff her back up again.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Just take the doggone roof off. You don't want an indoor venue, anyway, for opening or closing ceremonies in any kinds of Olympics, winter or summer.

have you been in vancouver in the winter,

Tell you what, sparky, this is my first winter in Vancouver, and if this is the worst weather in town in years, I'll gladly take this over a Winnipeg or Fargo winter anyday.

You kids today are :censored:in' spoilt.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

have you been in vancouver in the winter, you dont want a outdoor arena, and like i said earlier there is no drainage system

Sheesh, if you can't take the snow or cold, you shouldn't be hosting the Winter Olympics.

Sheesh, if you can't take the snow or cold, you shouldn't be hosting the Winter Olympics.

It's not the snow you should be worried about... It will more than likely be raining during the ceremonies. The snow VanCity has been getting this winter has been a rare phenomenon

Archived