Flyers helmets changed!

FlyersHockey1967

GASP! I'm watching the Flyers right now and I just noticed: The logo on their helmets has changed! Last season and most of this season has had the "FLYERS" font logo on them, as seen here: PHI_164.gif

I've been looking back at photos of the past month and it looks like the Flyers did not make this change until December 12th when they hosted the Rangers. The font was ditched for a small logo of their primary logo. This helmet change only seems to be for home games. How curious. 18870.JPG

The thing is that the Flyers used to use the primary logo on the helmet back as far as I can remember...2000 maybe? 2157.JPG

Then in 03-04, they changed to the helmets that had the backwards Flyers logo. 9577.JPG

BTW, funny pic with Roenick:

9211.JPG

Oh i HATE when he flyers logo is backwards, IO see it on the gloves and slippers that ports stores sells, it just looks odd.

Think of it as the same policy with the US Flag... the players are skating forward, so the wings on the logo would go facing the other way, right?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Oh i HATE when he flyers logo is backwards, IO see it on the gloves and slippers that ports stores sells, it just looks odd.

Think of it as the same policy with the US Flag... the players are skating forward, so the wings on the logo would go facing the other way, right?

Good point. But I don't know because I think for military uniforms, at least, the flag is worn backwards on the right sleeve so that the field of stars is closest to the heart. I could be wrong, though. Either way, the Flyers logo doesn't work like that because I would assume that most people recognize it first and foremost as the letter 'P'.

IUe6Hvh.png

Two of my favorite goalie masks were Chico Resch's and Beezer's Flyers masks, because they had two logos meeting in the middle. I think it is kind of cool to see the winged P reversed.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Two of my favorite goalie masks were Chico Resch's and Beezer's Flyers masks, because they had two logos meeting in the middle. I think it is kind of cool to see the winged P reversed.

Yeah, it reminded me of Vernon's old Red Wings mask with the wheel head on and the wings on both sides. Looked awesome.

Best image of Chico I could find:

t_2516.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• LMU pinned, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived