Which will it be?

Mac the Knife

What do you mean it's not rooted in any logic? The Colts held the Chiefs to a touchdown, and the Ravens to two field goals.

BFD.

Final NFL Rankings, Total Offense

Chiefs = 16th

Ravens = 17th

Saints = 1st

Um, when a so-called porous defense shuts down Larry Johnson AND Jamal Lewis, yes, that is a BFD, you knob.

Name-calling, yeah, that's mature. You obviously missed the point. He's saying the Colts' D could shut down the Saints' O. My point was that the Colts' performance against average offenses does not mean they'll perform that way against the # 1 offense in the league. Nothing more, nothing less. If you were offended by how I stated it, well, I'm...no I'm not. You'll just have to be offended. :P

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

, i think the Saints will make it to the Super Bowl. They need this and deserve this so much more than the Bears.

Oh, no. No no no. Who are you crapping? Don't tell me that they "deserve it more" than the Bears. That's ESPN's bull :censored:. Who deserves it more? The players? They've all worked hard to get this far. They both equally deserve to reach the Super Bowl, but only one team can go, unfortunately. They don't "need it more," either. Idiots across America are being fed these tales of how the Saints are "revitalizing New Orleans." They're not. If the Saints beat the Bears, nothing will change. If the Bears beat the Saints, nothing will change. New Orleans will not be revitalized by the Saints, or really, much of anything. The city as we knew it is gone. The metropolis that could support a pro football team is gone. They're being ridiculously subsidized by local and state government to play football in a disaster, as if it's more important to have a football team than houses for people who lost them, and that's sickening. Sports are great, but they're not THIS important that they should be such a drain on the state and get in the way of the problems that REALLY need fixing. Besides, we're looking at a sleazy owner who is probably going to move the team anyway, making it all for naught. As a team that has sucked for 40 years and is just now having a good season, that's impressive, but everyone is making this to be bigger than it really is, and it's absolutely sickening.

Everyone has this idea that the Saints are this team of destiny, and everyone should just expect the Bears to roll over and play dead for them so the Saints can fulfill their storybook ending. That's not going to happen. Now the Saints may win, they may not, it'll be a hell of a game. But don't expect the Bears to go "well, you guys deserve it more than we do" and take a dive. That's a travesty to the sport, and it's a travesty that you'd actually say something as ludicrous as "they need this and deserve this so much more than the Bears." Just horrible.

Ha! We agree for once. Well, on a thing or two.

You're right, the Saints don't "deserve it" any more than the Bears. I expect a tough, hard fought game that's in doubt till the end, as a championship game should be.

But...they're not "in the way" of fixing problems. You don't grasp the importance of the team to the people of New Orleans. Agree on the sleazy owner.

The Saints haven't "sucked for 40 years." They've had a number of outstanding seasons that sadly did not continue with playoff success.

It would be interesting to go back and see what the feeling was in Pittsburgh when that team rose from 40 years of misery to make that 70's dynasty. No disaster involved of course but I'm sure there was a lot of excitement over that too, though the sports media did not exist as it does today to make it a national story. At any rate, so sorry you're up in arms over the Saints' story this year. Get over it.

I think it's irresponsible and ignorant to just go "BFD!" about a team's run defense when they've stepped it up for the playoffs beyond anyone's imagination. Larry Johnson and Jamal Lewis are fantastic running backs, and reducing them to such non-factors should be a cause of concern for Saints and Bears fans alike, because if they can do that to Bush/Deuce or Jones/Benson, things would look pretty scary. Don't sell the Colts short, is all I'm saying. Two teams have and paid dearly.

I think it's irresponsible and ignorant to just go "BFD!" about a team's run defense when they've stepped it up for the playoffs beyond anyone's imagination. Larry Johnson and Jamal Lewis are fantastic running backs, and reducing them to such non-factors should be a cause of concern for Saints and Bears fans alike, because if they can do that to Bush/Deuce or Jones/Benson, things would look pretty scary. Don't sell the Colts short, is all I'm saying. Two teams have and paid dearly.

It's "irresponsible and ignorant" to jump in and change the conversation. See, we weren't talking "run defense," we were talking "defense," and in fact the guy was specifically talking about scoring. The Saints' offense is a multi-headed monster, and if you shut down the run, Brees can beat you. Obviously Green and McNair couldn't. And the Saints' average PPG was also high.

Sorry to drink the Hatorade, but talking about how good your offense is in the NFC South is like saying you're the best team the NFC West* has to offer.

It's not saying a whole lot.

*Or North..or East..

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Sorry to drink the Hatorade, but talking about how good your offense is in the NFC South is like saying you're the best team the NFC West* has to offer.

*Or North..or East..

Joe...Joe...Joe. You know as well as I do that they didn't just play the NFC South to get the #1 in the league total offense ranking.

*Or North..or East..

Joe...Joe...Joe. You know as well as I do that they didn't just play the NFC South to get the #1 in the league total offense ranking.

Yeah, but the Saints play I think 12 games against the NFC (and six against the NFC South). You and I both know that their ranking isn't based on how good they are against just the AFC.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

*Or North..or East..

Yeah, but the Saints play I think 12 games against the NFC (and six against the NFC South). You and I both know that their ranking isn't based on how good they are against just the AFC.

They played 4 games against the AFC, averaging 23 first downs, 460 net yards, and 22 points. No problem moving the ball but I'll admit that their 1-3 record in those games (beat CLE, lost to BAL/CIN/PIT) and the 22 points a game could be a concern.

*Or North..or East..

They played 4 games against the AFC, averaging 23 first downs, 460 net yards, and 22 points. No problem moving the ball but I'll admit that their 1-3 record in those games (beat CLE, lost to BAL/CIN/PIT) and the 22 points a game could be a concern.

In two of those games (BAL & CIN) the Saints were able to move the ball quite well, they just turned over the ball in the redzone. But I think a bigger concern with an AFC team would be their defense, in their three losses in the AFC they gave up 21 to Baltimore, 31 to Cincy, and most alarming to me 38 to Pittsburgh because not only was it the most points they gave up, it was given up on the road in a cold weather city that runs a ball control offense. Does that remind anyone of the team the Saints are playing this weekend?

With that said, I still don't think you can count out the Saints to win it all, they just seem to have the mojo going for them and that can make up for any deficiencies that they might have.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Patriots vs. Saints period!

That's an exclamation point there, buddy.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived