Which will it be?

Mac the Knife

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anything Saints wont be low rated, just because of the you know Hurricane Katrina storyline that will shoved down our throats. Like the Saints are still not itching to leave New Orleans at the first chance they get.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

nope Pats will win tom brady at his own goaline will have a ball batted in face he will catch it and nobody will pay attention he will score the Saints celebrate in the endzone thinking they won as the ball takes 9,000 lucky bounces along the way. Or maybe a bird will get in the way of a Siants FG chance and it will go wide left they always get every singele friggen bounce and the NFC is the minor leagues any way

If the Colts don't win the SB will suck.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Any of the four possible matchups will be horrible from the insufferable media coverage, considering the story lines for each...

Saints: If you don't cheer for the Saints, then the Terrorists have won!

Colts: Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl! Even better, let's have a 36 hour revisionist history documentary about Archie Manning!

Bears: Can Rex Grossman screw it up bad in the big game? Did you know that the Bears were in Super Bowl XX? I bet you didn't!

Patriots: It's inevitable that the Patriots will win. After all, they are coached by the omniscient/omnipotent/omnipresent Bill Belichick and are led on the field by the impecunious Tom Brady, who can win games on a whim, cure cancer with his tears, make colorful clothes withstand multiple washings, and has already created room temperature fusion power with only harmless, delicious pure water as a waste byproduct (Did you know that he is 13-1 in the playoffs!?!)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

nope Pats will win tom brady at his own goaline will have a ball batted in face he will catch it and nobody will pay attention he will score the Saints celebrate in the endzone thinking they won as the ball takes 9,000 lucky bounces along the way. Or maybe a bird will get in the way of a Siants FG chance and it will go wide left they always get every singele friggen bounce and the NFC is the minor leagues any way

If the Colts don't win the SB will suck.

Don't b!tch about it or anything...

...anyway, I think it's destined to be Pats-Saints. Another billing of Dynasty Versus Destiny.

Making the Pats win anything else is David vs. Goliath at this point, and really, that angle's been done too many times before. It might be fun to see the Bears in the Super Bowl, if only because we could trot out some of the superstars of old, like the fatass Fridge, Mike Singletary, etc., but I just don't think the Bears look like a credible champion at this point.

If I were the NFL, I would book the Saints versus Colts. It would be a story about redemption; redemption for Peyton and Tony Dungy, and redemption for the city of New Orleans. All parties would be sympathetic, so the fans would have no idea who is going to win going into the contest. When you have ambiguity about the winner, you have a guaranteed ratings hit. It's all about the stories, and I think Colts/Saints would be a good one.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Wait, I thought Belichick was 13-2 in the playoffs. Tripped up once as the coach of the Browns in '94 too.

If I had to make a prediction, I'd predict Saints versus Patriots, just on a hunch.

That having been said, I want to see Saints and Colts as well, though I think either the Colts or Patriots will smoke the Saints or Bears. We'll see the first time where a defense doesn't give up a single point in a Super Bowl this year, I think.

LvZYtbZ.png

How can anyone hate Walter Payton the Fridge and Jim McMahon that said BEars dont have a prayer the NFC Sucks too much the real SB is next week in Indy

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Wait, I thought Belichick was 13-2 in the playoffs. Tripped up once as the coach of the Browns in '94 too.

If the Patriots win on Sunday, Tom Brady will be 13-1 as a playoff starter (Amazing! <insert trite Boston Celtics reference here>) going into the Super Bowl.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

The disaster that was Belichek's Cleveland career "never happened" according to ESPN.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived