Which will it be?

Mac the Knife

How can anyone hate Walter Payton the Fridge and Jim McMahon that said BEars dont have a prayer the NFC Sucks too much the real SB is next week in Indy

OK, Walter Payton was hard to dislike, but I bet Jim McMahon's mum hates Jim McMahon.

He was just one ofr those guys you wished someone would hit. Hard.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm predicting Pats/Saints... and here's why:

AFC: KC went at Indy with a "give the ball to Johnson and pray" strategy, while leaving Green in there way too long, and the Indy run defense was aided by the declining impact of Jamal Lewis. Now they'll have to go up against quality backs (Dillon, Maroney, Faulk). Plus, you can be sure that Belichick won't put himself into the position that Edwards put himself in.

NFC: The Bears proved that they were vulnerable against the run against Alexander. This can be exploited with a mixed attack of McAllister up the middle and Bush around the tackles. In addition, Da Bears are up against the top passing QB a quality receiving core, and the continued question mark on the forehead of Grossman will bring a Super Bowl berth to the Crescent City.

VmWIn6B.png

My prediction, based off of being a Buccaneers fan:

COLTS V. SAINTS

- Colts because of Tony Dungy (former Bucs coach) since he deserves a Super Bowl, after being fired and seeing Gruden win a Super Bowl with Dungy's team.

- Saints because of the NFC South rival, gotta make the division look good.

If it comes down to that, I'd say Colts win in a squeaker.

Colts vs. Bears.

Shame I'm at American this semester-the medieval atmosphere at DePauw would be great. (That or I'd be locking myself in my dorm room for Super Bowl weekend.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Saints vs. Pats I think...

However something tells me that I can see Vinatieri scoring a last second FG against New England to win it.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Saints vs. Pats. America's Teams going at it in the SB!!!

But if the Colts make it on a Vinateri field goal, that would truly be irony at its finest. But knowing the Patriots and their history, Vinateri would probably miss the field goal, allowing the Pats to move on.

The Saints are a team I'm picking with my heart, because I'm hoping that they can break the NFC South-going-to-the-Cold-Weather-Land jinx that seems to befuddle this region. And Rex Grossman goes back to sucking. So yeah, Saints vs. Pats. Go Saints because they're the only hope left...

With that being said, :lol: HA HA :lol: Who wants to say that we're kicking ourselves about the LT Trade now?! HA HA,

Playoff Wins

Vick - 2

LT - Nil

HA HA.

Saints vs. Pats. America's Teams going at it in the SB!!!

But if the Colts make it on a Vinateri field goal, that would truly be irony at its finest. But knowing the Patriots and their history, Vinateri would probably miss the field goal, allowing the Pats to move on.

The Saints are a team I'm picking with my heart, because I'm hoping that they can break the NFC South-going-to-the-Cold-Weather-Land jinx that seems to befuddle this region. And Rex Grossman goes back to sucking. So yeah, Saints vs. Pats. Go Saints because they're the only hope left...

With that being said, :lol: HA HA :lol: Who wants to say that we're kicking ourselves about the LT Trade now?! HA HA,

Playoff Wins

Vick - 2

LT - Nil

HA HA.

Unless I'm mistaken, the Falcons (w/Vick) were the first team to win in Green Bay* in the playoffs.

*Except for Green Bay, obviously.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

The Saints winning isn't a big deal, guys.

You're not the one that has to live among their supporters. I mean, for the third consecutive day, the news on both local stations are showing highlights of the game... as the 3rd to top story... <_<

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Obviously I hope the Saints make it, and if they do, there's potential for great irony. Should the Colts win too, I'll watch the game cheering on the Saints in my latest jersey, which I bought a couple of months ago...and which has the Colts' QB's name on the back. :blink:

31-98813-F.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Obviously I hope the Saints make it, and if they do, there's potential for great irony. Should the Colts win too, I'll watch the game cheering on the Saints in my latest jersey, which I bought a couple of months ago...and which has the Colts' QB's name on the back. :blink:

Ahh, the 'Aints..that's a team I want to see down there. :D

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

I say the Colts will win the AFC Championship and go to Super Bowl XLI. The Colts got the home-field advantage they had worked for, not in the sense they wanted to, and the time for Peyton Manning to be in the big game is past due. And the Colts, notorious for being the weakest against the run, did an about face, and stymied both Larry Johnson & the Chiefs, and outwitted the Ravens' top-ranked defence. It just goes to show Peyton can not win games alone. Now he has a supporting cast that is doing so much more than just showing up. Plus they have been getting the Pats' number lately, in their home turf. Forget the fact that the Pats are 13-1 in the playoffs since Brady took over. I mean C'MON!!! I am so sick and tired of hearing about how great of a QB Tom Brady is, and how great the Patriots have been since he took over as starting QB. In my opinion, the only reason the Patriots have gotten up to this point is that infamous "tuck-rule" game against the Raiders 5 years ago. That makes them posers in my book. Now look at them, more than half the team has moved on to other teams, including Adam Vinatieri, who now plays for the Colts.

So with that said, I say the Colts will get the last laugh, and hand Brady a loss he'll never forget.

The NFC game, Saints vs. Bears, I can go either way. But Grossman is iffy, and the Saints are a tough road team. But the Bears' defence is too stout, and the Saints are inexperienced in the playoffs at this level. I was really impressed with how the Saints handled this season, being a team always down on their luck, and not being able to play at home last year because of Hurricane Katrina. I'm not sure, but I say the Bears will win, but New Orleans will make it a game all the way through.

So there you have it: Colts vs. Bears, and the Colts will win.

"The Tigers will win the World Series in 3 games..."

"The Gators are going to get distroyed by Ohio State..."

"The NFC doesn't have a shot in the Super Bowl...The real superbowl is in Indy..."

I think the Bears or the Saints can do it. The Bears match up well against the Colts, and they only lost to the Pats by 3 in a great game in Foxbourgh this season. The Saints I think also match up well against the Colts. The defense could get lit up, but the running game is so good and the Colts run defense isn't.

Rex is questionable of course, but he played well last week. Which usually means he'll play like crap this week. To me, will the defense show up? They haven't since Mike Brown and Tommie Harris were injuried. I can easily see the Saints winning as well. They certainly have a potent offense and a good defense. It's going to be a good game.

What can you say about the Pats and the Colts? I think Payton will finally beat the Pats in the playoffs. Just a hunch. I'm almost always wrong about this stuff however so put your money on the Pats.

Any combination will be good ratings wise I think. The Pats have a strong following everywhere, Payton manning is a media darling, The Bears always draw good ratings (they had 2 games this year moved to Sunday Night Football), and the Saints are the story of the season.

My heart tells me Bears-Colts so me and my best friend can taunt at each other for 2 solid weeks about the super bowl.

Colts 31, Saints 18

Go on with your Saint-hatin' and underestimating their offense. That's just what we want. See, your prediction doesn't seem rooted in any kind of logic.

The Saints had one of the most effective offenses in the entire league, and you think they can't score more than 18 on the Colts D?

It would be a shootout (Saints' secondary vs Colts passing game scares me) and who knows who'd win, but the Saints would make Indy earn it.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived