Minnesota Vixens

random_ax

This one is a little different....they ended up changing it.VixensCFELogo.jpg

"In creating the identity mark for the first team of the Women's Professional Football League (WPFL), we combined the boldness of the traditionally male sport with the playful, edgy female attitude the team's name implies."

I kinda liked it but they changed it to something i thought was less interesting....what does everyone think about the logos (original and updated)?

MinnesotaVxens02.GIF

I'll cast my vote for the original. I actually like them both, but the tiebreaker is that the first has a PLURAL NAME.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I'll cast my vote for the original. I actually like them both, but the tiebreaker is that the first has a PLURAL NAME.

Word that. Vixen, singular? What the hell does that even mean? At least with normal singular names like "Power" or "Freedom" you're dealing with a concept, rather than a concrete thing that you can't really count and have plurals of anyway. But a vixen is a thing, either an animal or a type of person, which always exists in specific numbers. So the lack of a plural indicates that there is only a single vixen on the team.

Sometimes, I wish this was France, where you can be prosecuted if you abuse the language badly enough.

Plus, the original has a much more vixenish wordmark, and who can resist that coy, come-hither-looking fox?

20082614447.png

• LMU locked this topic

Archived