Baltimore Starlings

random_ax

BaltimoreStarlings.GIF

DCBaltimoreStarlings.GIF

Another Women's Pro Football Team...I've never thought of a starling as a ferocious bird.... same blackbird family as the Ravens but the Raven has a creepy rep as the harbinger of doom (rather like a crow). Grackles, starlings and jackdaws etc are just a nuisance to crops. Still it works I guess for a woman's team...or not?

Is it me or are there similarities between this logo and what was designed for this fantasy team in the AA by our own Hooligan33...????

Package.jpg

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

I am, alas, aware of the original source of the logo. If you look at the request thread that it was started in, someone suggested that I "borrow" the Starlings' logo and use it. Then Hooligan posted his concept, saying:

I modified the sterling head and added the body for this blackbird maybe you can use it.

Perhaps it's my fault for not saying no and keep looking, but I liked it too much.

philly.png

Nesi, come on man. You can't out someone for doing that if they admitted it when they posted it.

As far as the logo, to me it looks like one of those playground stalkers. It gives me the creeps.

Nesi, come on man. You can't out someone for doing that if they admitted it when they posted it.

As far as the logo, to me it looks like one of those playground stalkers. It gives me the creeps.

I don't think I can blame him, Josh, if only because I doubt he knew that that thread existed and he didn't know that the logo came about from Hooligan seeing that first.

In all honesty, Hooligan provided the Starling's logo with a nice completion. I don't think it would suit football's needs too much, as it's too stationery. But it's good for baseball.

philly.png

Given that the starlings in the Baltimore area are widely despised European invaders,* I would have thought this a better name for a soccer team. But actually, when I hear the name, all I can think of is Anthony Hopkins saying, "Good evening, Clarice."

Also, I had not seen the final version of that Philly Blackbirds uniform concept. That's an awesome uniform set right there.

*All 200 million European starlings in America today are descended from 100 birds released into Central Park in the 1890s. Stupid New York.

20082614447.png

Given that the starlings in the Baltimore area are widely despised European invaders,* I would have thought this a better name for a soccer team. But actually, when I hear the name, all I can think of is Anthony Hopkins saying, "Good evening, Clarice."

Also, I had not seen the final version of that Philly Blackbirds uniform concept. That's an awesome uniform set right there.

*All 200 million European starlings in America today are descended from 100 birds released into Central Park in the 1890s. Stupid New York.

I was kind of leary of posting the final product in the Concepts thread that I had started, BallWonk... I don't know why... maybe because of the bird on the patch, I don't know. Anyway, yeah, there you go.

philly.png

Is it me or are there similarities between this logo and what was designed for this fantasy team in the AA by our own Hooligan33...????

Package.jpg

I like that....more than the origianl Starlings. Reminds me of the Taster's Choice commercial a few years back that showed two birdwatchers oohing and ahhing over spotting a red-winged blackbird.... and the bird-watching public wrote in to educate the makers of the commercial that the red-winged blackbird is the most common bird in the US and would hardly warrant any excite,ment from a birdwatcher..... a few weeks later the commercial was changed to them spotting an owl.

Sorry man, I must have had something to do that day and couldn't read every thread posted in every forum that particular day. :P

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

• LMU locked this topic

Archived