Peter Forsberg Being Traded?

Taylor R.

really the Avalanche want him back?

Well they are the only team that was mentioned by name in the article. The article says that a couple other teams also have an interest in him.

Philadelphia Flyers general manager Paul Holmgrem said he's been contacted by a number of teams about Forsberg leading up to the Feb. 27 NHL trading deadline. But Holmgrem denied a Denver television report that the Swedish star has been given permission to speak to the Colorado Avalanche about returning to his former team.

Holmgren was asked if any arrangement is in place in which Forsberg or his agent could talk to Colorado about possible interest by the Avalanche.

"Absolutely not," Holmgren said. "First, I seriously doubt that [reports of such talks] are true. Colorado is a team that has asked about him. Our stance all along has been when we get to that point with Peter, we'll get to that point."

I don't understand the desire to have this guy, he can't stay on the ice for more than a couple of games at a time.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

An idea that was thrown out there by ESPN was Forsberg to Atlanta for Coburn and a #1 pick....

No.

For one, Forsberg can't stay healthy. Secondly, Coburn's play this season was solid. He'll be playing for the Thrashers full-time next season, since a couple defensemen will be leaving through free agency.

Archived