Toronto Maple Leafs "Edge" concept

IceCap

When asked about the Leafs' uniforms for next season John Ferguson refuted rumors that the team was getting a new logo, he confirmed that silver would be dropped from the colour scheme, and he said the new jerseys still had "striping issues."

For some reason I thought of these Leafs uniforms when he said "striping issues":

MapleLeafs3.gif

Anyway, that got me thinking, and I decided to try a Leafs Edge concept based on those early Leafs uniforms. Now, thanks to RC, I have a template.

I also took a cue from Ferguson's statement and kept the current Ballard leaf.

C&C welcome, as always

TML.png

i must say im really diggin this. Its very retro, and you have changed it slightly to look modern. If these jerseys came out on the market i would buy one. even though im not a huge hockey fan!

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

That's very good! Quintessential Leafs!

I'd totally buy the white.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Thanks to everyone who's given C&C so far.

just a few too many stripes. i just cant agree with the stripes going through the top of the crest

It's like that because that was the way the original one was designed.

Use the classic Leaf logo (NO BALLARD LEAF!) and this set would be perfect for the Blue & White. GO LEAFS GO!

This one was presented a problem. The vintage leaf wouldn't work because 1) it's not solid and 2) that would mean mixing two different retro uniforms, a look I wasn't going for. I wanted an update of the original, and using a vintage logo that was never on this particular uniform wouldn't accomplish that.

So I was left with the original Leafs logo, the '67 leaf or the Ballard leaf. I didn't chose the '67 leaf for the same reason I didn't use the vintage leaf. In the end I chose the Ballard leaf because it went along with the "updated vintage look" I was going for. I also decided to use it based in what John Ferguson said regarding the new uniforms.

I would have preferred the classic leaf, but It just didn't fit in with the concept.

Archived