Victoria Cougars

kiwi_canadian

Cougars1.png

I know the owners wanted to stay away from calling the Salmon Kings the Cougars, but really there is so much history behind that name, I thought that they should have called the team the Cougars. For the home and away, a simple design and the Cougars logo, which I believe is a classic. For the alternate logo, I went really retro, going back to the classic 1925 Victoria Cougars logo that won the Stanley Cup. I also went with the colours for the alternate jersey to pay homage to them. The Salmon Kings actually used those style uniforms for the first game at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Center. The numbers and lettering on the alternate is actually the Detroit Red Wings set, which the Red Wings are now the former Cougars who won the 1925 Stanley Cup.

I dont think that they should even be in the ECHL. Victoria should have a AHL team called the Victoria Cougars. The original team has connections to the Detroit Red Wings so it would be fitting for them not to be in the NHL (not an NHL market anyway) but rather the AHL. I really like your but I would try to make it more modern. Maybe have a retro alt jersey or something.

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Hmm, a hockey team named after a baseball player, Tim "Kingfish" Salmon. :hockeysmiley: I know their not, but you know Tim Salmon needs his props occasionally. As far as the unis go, I like the home and road, but the third, umm... the little "c" and the Captain's "c" just too many "c"s . Either ditch the little "c" or shrink the "V" and the "c" on the chest. Otherwise good job.

Archived