Penn State goes pink!

totc

Now does anyone wonder why teams dont just donate the extra money they blow on pink jerseys to the brest cancer foundation? Why not wear their regular unis and just have tribute nights or something? I dunno, it just seems to me like if they started painting big SUVs with SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT slogans and started driving them around town to make a point. Are their hearts in the right place? Oh definately. Are they going about it the right way? Probably not.

Now did they auction these off after the game? And if so, did they accualy make any money off the auction that overran the cost of the jerseys?

The New Britain Rock Cats (AA-Twins) did pink jerseys for a game a couple of years ago and I think they auctioned them. I have no idea how much they made off of them, but I bet they at least made their money back.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Now does anyone wonder why teams dont just donate the extra money they blow on pink jerseys to the brest cancer foundation? Why not wear their regular unis and just have tribute nights or something? I dunno, it just seems to me like if they started painting big SUVs with SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT slogans and started driving them around town to make a point. Are their hearts in the right place? Oh definately. Are they going about it the right way? Probably not.

Now did they auction these off after the game? And if so, did they accualy make any money off the auction that overran the cost of the jerseys?

The cost of the jerseys alone is pretty significant. However, the attention gained on TV and on places like this spreads the word around. If they donate profits from the game, take some extra donations from fans and sponsors, get some more donations from some who hear about it by other means, and maybe auction the jerseys, then you get way more money for the cause than the cost of the jerseys alone.

Plus each school probably sells some replicas of these and raises some more money.

So I don't think it's too bad of an idea. We'll see if it worked. Anyone know how much was raised?

Ape.

FYI - pink is not the color of 'gays'. True to fact that some gays may fancy pink but the "rainbow" is the offical symbol of Gay Unity.

No I am not gay, however I do have a brother who is, so let's get our fact "straight" (yes, It was a good play on words, ha ha ha)

Pink has always been a 'female' color. Today, my kids that I teach say that 'pink' is the new black and they wear it proudly.

I do applaud Penn State & Univ of Wisconsin for their "breast cancer" awareness event.

Pink

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

The cost of the jerseys alone is pretty significant. However, the attention gained on TV and on places like this spreads the word around. If they donate profits from the game, take some extra donations from fans and sponsors, get some more donations from some who hear about it by other means, and maybe auction the jerseys, then you get way more money for the cause than the cost of the jerseys alone.

Plus each school probably sells some replicas of these and raises some more money.

So I don't think it's too bad of an idea. We'll see if it worked. Anyone know how much was raised?

Ape.

Since both schools involved have comprehensive apparel contracts with Nike and adidas, I'm 99% sure that neither team had to actually pay for the uniforms, they were supplied to them at no cost as a part of the schools' contracts.

Most comprehensive deals between schools and providers (meaning those that cover all sports that the school sponsors) have provisions in the contract that require the manufacturer to provide uniforms for special events, such as fundraising events, "Throwback" games, etc. just as they do regular sets of uniforms.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived