Edmonton Oilers

Frankie

The Edmonton Oilers announced earlier this year that they would be wearing vintage sweaters at some point after Christmas. Pat Laforge, their President/CEO, mentioned this apparently. It is now February, and we have yet to see the vintage jerseys!

Does anybody know whether the Oilers have scrapped this idea? I know that several retailers have shown the vintage jerseys being used in games this year, and the Oilers were amongst them (others were Boston, Montreal, Vancouver, IIRC).

Given that the Oilers are still wearing their third jerseys from time to time (When some said that they would be phased out), I am certainly become more doubtful we will see the vintage togs this season.

Juventus.png

A number of conflicting reports have come straight from official channels - much like the "we will introduce all teams uniforms at the all star game" hype that went on. I think the NHL is putting a bunch of wrong info out there to get people talking. They also said they'd be changing the oilers stripe pattern next season who who knows. I really can't see them doing that.

DEATH TO REEBOK

I'm not an Oilers fan but I love those Orange and Royal Blue uniforms. I think they're one of the best designs I've seen; unique, instantly identifiable with the Oil and yet very much a traditional hockey uniform.

The current set is "ok" but pales in comparison to the earlier uniform.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived