Brees Dislocates Elbow in Pro Bowl

BlueSky

So Brees gets hurt on a play where a guy hits him low around the knees, and it happens to be the same Ravens jackass who said he "put a little hot sauce" on Reggie Bush's ankle by intentionally twisting it on a tackle in the Saints-Ravens game. Sure seems like an odd coincidence, but those two plays are the extent of my familiarity with this Suggs. Is he some kind of punk or thug?

Next question - it seemed clearly to me to be a cheap shot. I was surprised a penalty wasn't called since you can't hit the QB low any more. Just seemed pretty skeevy to me, especially in the Pro Bowl. Admittedly I'm a Saints homer but my view would be no different had it been any of the other QBs.

In any case, glad he didn't blow out Brees' knee.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Yet another reason why many players refuse to go to the Pro Bowl. What is the point in playing in this glorified scrimmage in what could cost you a career. The game has already been pretty badly wimpified, and yet you can still get injured (unintentionally or otherwise).

Many players selected to the Pro Bowl do not go, citing "previous injury", "exhaustion" or other personal matters. Often their backups are the game's starters or play the lion share of the game after the stars play a series or two. If a player is going to go down, they'd rather it was in a game that meant something. The Pro Bowl is the least watched All-Star game and in many ways the least entertaining. And this from a die hard football fan.

Patriots fans will recall a few years back when a Pro Bowl related activity- the Rookie Beach Flag Football Game, cost us running back Robert Edwards as he had his knee all but destroyed in the meaningless event. He went from a rookie with 1,100+ yards rushing to sitting out four years in physical rehab. He attempted to make a comeback with Miami but finally found some success with Montreal in the CFL. One wonders how far his NFL career might have gone if not for this stupid injury.

The same might soon be said for Brees if the injury is extensive enough.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

When I saw the hit, I though he might have injured his leg, but thankfully it wasn't. I'm sure Brees will be just fine. It is his non-throwing elbow and while it will cause discomfort, it probably won't slow him down.

By the way, THIS was the hit of game. The best part was the Japanese commentary. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r94rmkbFMyU

I can understand players being relunctant to go to the Pro Bowl. I also think that any situation you encounter in the off-season has a risk of injury. Who knows if you injure yourself during workouts or some sort of off-field activity. Those things happen.

I saw, I came, I left.

I've wondered about this for years . Are injuries like Robert Edwards likely to happen no matter what they were doing? That the injured ligament was weakened by past little injuries, abuse ,wear and tear of being an athlete.I finley blew my ACL a few years back and I can remember many many injuries to it before it failed.

To be fair, Bart Scott was the one that put the "hot sauce" on Reggie Bush. But yes, at least from everything I've seen and heard about Terrell Suggs he comes off as a punk. Not as bad as some other players in the league, but not exactly a role model either.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

To be fair, Bart Scott was the one that put the "hot sauce" on Reggie Bush. But yes, at least from everything I've seen and heard about Terrell Suggs he comes off as a punk. Not as bad as some other players in the league, but not exactly a role model either.

You're right, my mistake. Thanks for pointing that out.

Well Terrell Suggs is not a Punk, there's no reason to believe that, if this is what you think, then you couldn't be further from the truth.

And Bart Scott was the guy who twisted Reggie's ankle, and you got your story wrong buddy, Scott never said he intentionally did it. Reggie Bush accused him of intentionally trying to injure. Your post was big-time homer.

Well Terrell Suggs is not a Punk, there's no reason to believe that, if this is what you think, then you couldn't be further from the truth.

And Bart Scott was the guy who twisted Reggie's ankle, and you got your story wrong buddy, Scott never said he intentionally did it. Reggie Bush accused him of intentionally trying to injure. Your post was big-time homer.

What's your malfunction? I just thanked someone for pointing out my error on thinking Suggs was the one that did the Bush ankle twist. And Suggs' play was illegal at best, dirty at worst. If you don't think so, try reading the rules:

"4. No defensive player who has an unrestricted path to the quarterback may hit him flagrantly in the area of the knee(s) or below when approaching in any direction. "

As for Bart Scott, he said this after the Saints-Ravens game: "The media darling, aka the golden boy of the NFL, tried to take a cheap shot at me, so I told him I was going to put some extra on it," Scott told the Sun. "He can do all those shakes he wants, but I wasn't going anywhere. I put a little hot sauce on that ankle."

You want to take a poll here? I'd say most reasonable people would interpret those comments as an admission that he intentionally twisted Bush's ankle.

Homer my a**.

you've made your point.....god i love the ravens, cause of plays like this, u can call em thugs whatever...

Because they are? Rodney Harrison should play for them.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived