New Pontiac Logo?

CC97

About Toyota in NASCAR, technically the Camry is the only make made in America, The Ford Fusion is made in Mexico ,the Chevy Monte Carlo and Dodge Charger are made in Canada from what I hears all of speedweeks in Daytona...but I don't recall ever hearing about the Dodge's being built there. Darrell Waltrip was all over that being the Toyota honk that he is with the Japanese company supporting his Truck series operation and his brother's Cup teams.

I wish Pontiac would get back into NASCAR and Toyota would leave.

[

And Toyota is a good car because.......

Friggin' xenophobes.

I think these days they prefer to be called "patriots." I don't get it either.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

[

Friggin' xenophobes.

Which brings me to ask.... would people here rather drive a foriegn make built in the US, or and American make built elsewhere?

Seems to be the latter, which I think is a bit hypocritical.

Of course, I drive an American car, built in the US. One that gets great milage and has been very reliable for more than 8 years.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

[

Friggin' xenophobes.

Which brings me to ask.... would people here rather drive a foriegn make built in the US, or and American make built elsewhere?

Seems to be the latter, which I think is a bit hypocritical.

Of course, I drive an American car, built in the US. One that gets great milage and has been very reliable for more than 8 years.

Doesn't matter to me in the least. Not to use stupid buzzwords, but this is a global economy. This "America Uber Alles" jingoism is baloney. Personally I've been happy with my Saturn for a number of years and will buy another one because of it, but it has nothing to do with what country it was built in. I'd have been just as loyal if I'd had that initial good experience with a Toyota or Volvo. Finding a good, reliable car is a crapshoot these days, and like a lot of people I stick with what I know works. If a maker in Djibouti made a good, affordable car that rarely broke down, I'd buy from them. Come on people, you're not supporting the terrorists by buying a foreign car. If anything, you're putting the pressure on the Big 3 over here in North America to build better products that we'd want to buy more consistently.

... Of course, I drive an American car, built in the US. One that gets great milage and has been very reliable for more than 8 years.

god save the Pinto!

:P

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Archived