Gretzky (a little ot)

NickNickNick

Many of you have probably bought/watched the Ultimate Wayne Gretzky DVD.  Did anyone notice that he and JD make no mention at all of Gretz's time in St. Louis?  In addition to this, I watched the whole thing, top to bottom including special features and saw only two half second shots of him in a Blues' uniform.  What's up with that?  I was excited to see him score some goals in a Blues uni.  He looked so strange.
Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Gretz made the right move by going to New York.  It's too bad Mess had to blow everything and go to Vancouver.  Anyone remember Mess in a Canucks jersey?  Yuck.
Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Gretz made the right move by going to New York. It's too bad Mess had to blow everything and go to Vancouver. Anyone remember Mess in a Canucks jersey? Yuck.

no, no, no. gretzky should have gone to toronto. he was born and grew up in ontario. he would have been right at home with the leafs. as for messier, he should have stayed with the oilers. gretzky leaft so his wife could persue a carrer in hollywood. thats fine. why messier left the oilers, thats a mystery. he had five cups. he only had one in ny.

I was living in Iowa when Gretzky was traded to the Blues.  I'd been following the story all week.  I was overjoyed when the deal went down.  I just wish I'd been able to see him play in person.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I was living in Iowa when Gretzky was traded to the Blues. I'd been following the story all week. I was overjoyed when the deal went down. I just wish I'd been able to see him play in person.

I got to see him play for the Blues in person once.  It was against the Devils and I was in the very last row of the upper deck.  The remaining home games (I think there were 12) sold out immediately following the trade that brought him to St.Louis.  He scored a goal that night but in true Blues fashion they squandered the lead and wound up tying.

Archived