Arizona Hoozdo FC

Alphabet Man

Last week Brian in Boston was reviewing the Premier League of America and asked me to relocate my team to North America. Unsure on the reaction, the whole Melbourne United staff and players got on a 3am flight out of Tullamarine and started inspecting North American sites. We came across Phoenix, Arizona at an open-for-inspection and liked what we saw. We settled there.

After a few days of thinking, we went and explored the local area in hope of finding something we can name the team. In the north of the state we met some Native American's and asked them what they called Phoenix (obviously, I had a translator with me) and discovered they call it Hoozdo. Hoozdo? I asked. They said its beacuse its a hot place. And so Arizona Hoozdo FC was born.

Taking all that into consideration our team graphic designer, Matthew Morris, went about creating something native. "The first thing that came to mind was the sun" he said to the Phoenix press, at the launch of the team. Next to him was club owner and general manager Matthew Morris who said "(the) design truly brings together elements of the Native Americans, (in the form of) the sun. It's something all Arizonians can be proud of."

Oh you guys want to see designs, why oh why didn't you say so earlier. :P

The old C&C's would be gratefully appreciated.

Arizona%20Hoozdo.jpg

Thank you.

Matthew Morris

mattmorris1990@gmail.com

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Those are really great i love the Orange home jersey

Uh...the home jersey is white, champ.

Overall, it's very well done. I don't quite understand the Hoozdo thing, but...cool. Only thing I can see that could use some tweaking is maybe the rays on the sun (they look a tad too simple) and there's a little too much blank space in the primary logo.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

i'm not digging the junction of the A and H your secondary...maybe you should alter the A a bit to make it more seemless

i also think the wordmark has too many drop-shadows/background colors...it's a bit distracting for me

the logo needs a thick white outline on your black jersey...it gets lost completely on that background

i really like the colors, though and i like the simplicity of the sun...it has a tribal feel - very nice work

jldesigns404eo.png

Cheers fellas

Overall, it's very well done. I don't quite understand the Hoozdo thing, but...cool. Only thing I can see that could use some tweaking is maybe the rays on the sun (they look a tad too simple) and there's a little too much blank space in the primary logo

Hmm, yeh maybe, I wanted to keep the native/tribal look. Hoozdo is what the Natives call Phoenix, the teams home base.

Nice work, though the Los Angeles Sol may consider Al Davis-like legal action.

Whatever that is, I have no idea lol

i'm not digging the junction of the A and H your secondary...maybe you should alter the A a bit to make it more seemlessi also think the wordmark has too many drop-shadows/background colors...it's a bit distracting for methe logo needs a thick white outline on your black jersey...it gets lost completely on that backgroundi really like the colors, though and i like the simplicity of the sun...it has a tribal feel - very nice work

I really wanted to incorporate the colours that show heat - Red, Yellows and Oranges.

I'm not sure I agree with you on the shadows, outlines etc.

The logo on the black jersey...the circle is outlines, need to outline the rays.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Al Davis is the owner of the Oakland (nee Los Angeles) (nee Oakland) Raiders. He loves to sue.

The LA Sol, on the other hand, are the inaugural PLA champions. :D

sol-champs-sig.png

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived