Broncos RB Damien Nash dies

sc49erfan15

As a Mizzou alum, a 29 year season ticket holder and a guy very close to the MU football program, I have been extremely saddened by this news. I had the privilege of watching D-Nash tear it up for the Tigers for his relatively brief tenure with the team and was really happy to see him start to experience some pro success toward the end of last season. I can certainly commiserate with the Broncos fans who have endured the deaths of two players this offseason. We Tiger faithful are still observing memorials for LB Aaron O'Neil who passed away during practice two seasons ago. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

I read a Denver Post article on this and one thing stood out for me:

Denver strength and conditioning coach Rich Tuten said he received a call from receiver Brandon Marshall, who was with Nash at the charity event. Marshall also was at the Denver nightclub with Williams shortly before he was killed.

i say if i was brandon marshall i request a trade or a cut quick!!!!

More to the point, if I'm a Broncos player, I stop hanging out with Brandon Marshall!!!

In seriousness, this is certainly a tragedy. Add mine to the list of thoughts and prayers.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Guys, as someone who knows heart attacks all too well, trust me - there is no age at which someone is "safe" from heart trouble.

Remember, not all that long ago in terms of human history, the life expectancy of a human being was in the mid-30's rather than the 70's. We're not that far removed from that time, despite medical advances, better eating and exercise habits, and so forth.

If you have any weird stuff happening: chest pain no matter how momentary, dizziness with any regularity, unexplainable pains in either arm, etc., get yourself checked out by a cardiologist. It's far better to know there's a problem (such as my narrower-than-normal coronary arteries, for example) than to find out the hard way, as I did.

Mad Mac, hope you're recovering and on the mend brother. My father died at 43 of a heart attack, and now here I sit, 40, just 3 years younger than he was when he passed back in '78.

Hearing this news about the Bronco player was just stunning. First the heartbreaking loss to San Francisco to become eliminated from the playoffs, then the shooting, and now this. The Denver Broncos seem to be the Miami Dolphins West, with so much tragedy to overcome. But we need not look any further than the Saints to be inspired.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the young man's family, as well as the entire Denver Broncos organization. Extremely trying times to say the very least for that entire franchise.

Regards,

Bill

Not quite the same as having a member of your team collapse and die, but was also preseason of last season that 49er Thomas Herrion collapsed and died after a game against the Broncos. I'm sure that shook a lot of the Broncos (in addition to the 49ers, of course) that played in that game against him, too.

IUe6Hvh.png

Not quite the same as having a member of your team collapse and die, but was also preseason of last season that 49er Thomas Herrion collapsed and died after a game against the Broncos. I'm sure that shook a lot of the Broncos (in addition to the 49ers, of course) that played in that game against him, too.

Want to hear something creepy?

- Herrion wore #72

- Darrent wore #27

- Both are from Fort Worth, TX

- Both died after a Broncos/49ers game

Archived