Toronto and Maple Leafs

josh_cat_eyes

I was think of something that has been bothering me. It always seems that every time someone trys to put red into a Toronto sports team or a maple leaf or something, that it always gets critizied. Personally I think that Toronto in its self is a symbol of Canada and that teams in Vancouver or Calgary or Halifiax dont have "symbolic canadian things" ie red and maple leafs... because those cities are not symbols of Canada. Someone might say that New York is a symbol of the US but NYC is its own identity in its self but then again I supose that the Rangers, Yankees, Mets and Knicks are all symbols of the US soo...

Can anyone think of some other reasons why Toronto is always critizied?

"_______________" any other places that are like Toronto in that way?

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

It is "tradition" for Toronto sports teams to have Blue as the primary color. Not red, not yellow, not lavender; blue.

Also, where is the criticism in regards to the Toronto Maple Leafs? I don't recall anybody blasting them for having a maple leaf as the primary.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Ugh, the Knicks, Yanks, Rangers, et al surely don't represent the US. Or at least they shouldn't.

Of all the teams you listed i'm sorry to say your mistaken. Wherever the New York Yankees go, they go to sellout crowds. Love em' or hate em'...they are an American sports Icon.

LETS GO YANKEES!

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

It is "tradition" for Toronto sports teams to have Blue as the primary color. Not red, not yellow, not lavender; blue.

Also, where is the criticism in regards to the Toronto Maple Leafs? I don't recall anybody blasting them for having a maple leaf as the primary.

What I ment by that was that everyone thinks there should be red. Because toronto is a symbol of canada.

I was kinda just guessing by saying the knicks, rangers....were symbols of the US...and I guess I guessed wrong soo that kinda just adds to my point in a way. No other city can say they are a symbol of their nation the way Toronto can. The leafs, jays ect. are symbols of canadian sports and basicly canada in general.

Basicly what I am trying to say is that Because Toronto is a symbol of Canada its OK at add Red or a maple leaf (not soo much for the toronto maple leafs but more everyone else. They add red because its canada. If it was vancouver that had the Raptors or the Blue Jays then red never would have been part of the picture. And the fact that there is/was red is what is being criticitzed. Also I doubt they would have even been called the Blue Jays if the team was not in Toronto.

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Ugh, the Knicks, Yanks, Rangers, et al surely don't represent the US. Or at least they shouldn't.

Of all the teams you listed i'm sorry to say your mistaken. Wherever the New York Yankees go, they go to sellout crowds. Love em' or hate em'...they are an American sports Icon.

LETS GO YANKEES!

Try telling a Red Sox fan that... They'd have your head on a stick.

LETS GO YANKEES!

Yeah, except for in Yankee Stadium. That place doesn't sell out unless the Mets or Red Sox are in town.

Your statement is a bit misguided, considering their attendance in road games (2006) consisted of 84.2% capacity. Sure, it's number 1 in the big leagues (St. Louis is 2nd with 78.2% followed by Boston/Cinci with 76.7%) but they certainly do not sell out everywhere they play. The only team to sell out a stadium on a consistant basis is the Red Sox, at Fenway Park. Sure Fenway only holds 36,000 but they would for sure sell out a 57,000 seat stadium day in and day out, trust me.

Try telling a Red Sox fan that... They'd have your head on a stick.

I'll be alot more hostle to Yankees Fans when they finally have a 3rd Baseball who doesn't have blue lips, a center fielder who doesn't sound like hes scared :censored:less whenever he talks (don't worry I've always hated Johnny Damon), and a fan base that stops clinging to an era long before they were born whenever someone talks about a team winning a championship.

LETS GO YANKEES!

Yeah, except for in Yankee Stadium. That place doesn't sell out unless the Mets or Red Sox are in town.

Yeah, except for in Yankee Stadium. That place doesn't sell out unless the Mets or Red Sox are in town..

Yankee Stadium doesn't sellout unless the Mets and Red Sox are in town??? we drew 3 million plus fans last season. get your facts straight.

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

LETS GO YANKEES!

Your statement is a bit misguided, considering their attendance in road games (2006) consisted of 84.2% capacity. Sure, it's number 1 in the big leagues (St. Louis is 2nd with 78.2% followed by Boston/Cinci with 76.7%) but they certainly do not sell out everywhere they play. The only team to sell out a stadium on a consistant basis is the Red Sox, at Fenway Park. Sure Fenway only holds 36,000 but they would for sure sell out a 57,000 seat stadium day in and day out, trust me.

Yankee Stadium doesn't sellout unless the Mets and Red Sox are in town??? we drew 3 million plus fans last season. get your facts straight.

Yeah the Yankees, along with LA, Anahiem, St. Louis, NY Mets, San Francisco, Chicago, and Houston drew 3 million fans. Big whoop. You still don't sell out every game as you stated. The Yankees sold 90% of their tickets last season. Get your facts straight.

EDIT: I enjoy how you took out the part of my post that proved you wrong, I added it again for good measure.

Wouldn't the dramatic increase on the available supply of seats have a negative effect on the demand for tickets though? (I could be wrong though, I haven't taken an econ class in 2 years). Also, if for some odd reason the team started sucking again, would the fans still be there?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Wouldn't the dramatic increase on the available supply of seats have a negative effect on the demand for tickets though? (I could be wrong though, I haven't taken an econ class in 2 years). Also, if for some odd reason the team started sucking again, would the fans still be there?

A few more third place seasons will take care of that ;)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

A few more third place seasons will take care of that ;)

Says the man from Toronto. :P

And to rams80's post..... Over the past 4 years? No. Even when the team spun out of control last season games were still sold out. I will admit if the team was on par with Tampa or Baltimore (sorry) then no, I don't think all fans would still be there, but a good majority would be.

Just another stupid Red Sux fan, living in Red Sux village. enjoy 3rd place again.

I challenge you to show us 15 posts you've made in the last month that weren't complete wastes of space, time, bandwidth or brain cells

I can't. I dont post here for intellect. I post here to make the lives of those who spread hatred and common sense miserable.

Just another stupid Red Sux fan, living in Red Sux village. enjoy 3rd place again.

I challenge you to show us 15 posts you've made in the last month that weren't complete wastes of space, time, bandwidth or brain cells

I can't. I dont post here for intellect. I post here to make the lives of those who spread hatred and common sense miserable.

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

Double post in one post = Uber pwnage.

Anyways, I have no problem with Toronto using maple leafs and blue as their colors and insignias. If that's their tradition, then it's a good one. Just because you don't see one particular city having all of its teams using Stars and Stripes all over doesn't mean we should hate on Toronto because they're the patriotic ones.

Archived