A Concept just thrown together

Telemundo219

Yeah I've been on the board for a while and I haven't done a lot of art work but I just made a logo concept that I was hoping for some advice and comments on the concept (the latest version is at the bottom, the other two were apart of the process).

Untitled-1.png

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I made it for baseball but I started switching the lines and it looked like a basketball. It could be either one.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

it's a very nice start...wordmark choice is going to make or break this, because the logo is very clean and straightforward

there does seem to be some inconsistency with the length of the rays...maybe it's intentional, but if so, maybe you should alternate and make the difference more pronounced

...or maybe my eyes are just going screwy and they're the same length

jldesigns404eo.png

Why in the world would you post a concept that you admit right in the topic title was just "thrown together"? It's right there in the forum FAQs:

7. When you decide you are going to post a concept, please do not posts something you made up in less than 15 minutes. In 15 minutes you don't have enough time to put a substancial amount of thought or effort into your design.It won't be enough work to be indicitive of your skill level, and positive comments given out will most likely be minimal.

I don't mean to discourage you entirely. Learning and making progress is what this forum is all about. By all means, keep at it and I wish you the best of luck. But right now, this is just an unspecified type of ball inside a very simple sun that you admittedly just threw together. Take some time and post something you put more effort into. Then post it and show us what you can really do, and the good folks here will show you how you can improve it further.

I don't think this falls into the '15 minute' rule. The amount of time it took to do this has nothing to do with the quality of it.

I think the rule you quote is meant for something entirely different -- those Paint concepts that obviously were thrown together.

Nice start on this one, dude. Keep working on it. It has major potential as a Southwest/Cali baseball concept.

201222154_0f633bbfdb_o.png

Why in the world would you post a concept that you admit right in the topic title was just "thrown together"? It's right there in the forum FAQs:

7. When you decide you are going to post a concept, please do not posts something you made up in less than 15 minutes. In 15 minutes you don't have enough time to put a substancial amount of thought or effort into your design.It won't be enough work to be indicitive of your skill level, and positive comments given out will most likely be minimal.

I don't mean to discourage you entirely. Learning and making progress is what this forum is all about. By all means, keep at it and I wish you the best of luck. But right now, this is just an unspecified type of ball inside a very simple sun that you admittedly just threw together. Take some time and post something you put more effort into. Then post it and show us what you can really do, and the good folks here will show you how you can improve it further.

I don't think this falls into the '15 minute' rule. The amount of time it took to do this has nothing to do with the quality of it.

I think the rule you quote is meant for something entirely different -- those Paint concepts that obviously were thrown together.

Nice start on this one, dude. Keep working on it. It has major potential as a Southwest/Cali baseball concept.

I shouldn't have said "thrown together" because like Cooleyvol said, I didn't just throw it together. I haven't done a lot of concepts and so I'm not sure of how I should introduce them. Sorry if it seems like I put no care into my work because I can guarantee you I actually did

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

I dig it, man. I'm guessing that your team whether it be baseball or basketball will be placed in Florida? I like the design a lot, especially the last one. They improved with each one, culminating with the last. Nice work.

(It does look like you put a lot of work into it, so I won't doubt you on your word.)

-E.A.R.

Archived