St. Louis Cardinals Ditching Navy Road Caps?

amare32

img10058470.jpg

I've seen a couple photos like this. I know it's hard to tell for sure, but it appears to be the Cardinals road grey jersey w/ their home red caps. There's another on the ESPN frontpage w/ Chris Carpenter; over his shoulder you can see a Washington Nationals player in home white.

Are the St. Louis Cardinals dumping their road navy caps?

This is SOP for Spring Training ... red caps all the time. On Friday, Apr 6 -- their first regular-season road game -- they'll be back to the blues.

But I also like the look of the red caps on both home and road set.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

They should, but they won't. If they are going with the blue (again) they should have blue lettering outlined in red on the jersey...then you could have a navy alt (red numbers/white outline) and a red alt (white numbers/navy outline).

KISSwall09.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks the red shoes look goofy with the blue hat on the road uniform

No - I've always thought that. They should switch to black shoes full time and have the red belt on both the home and aways. Also - If they're going to keep blue caps on the road for traditions sake - they should have a red bill. This would pull the rest of the red together on the roads.

Naw, the Navy road hats look fine with the road unis. The red "STL" matches up with the red script on the jersey. I wouldn't mind them switching to navy shoes on the road, to kinda help pull things together a bit, especially since they already wear a navy belt on the road. But I've never been really big on seeing red hats with gray uniforms. I dunno why. Kinda bugs me with the Angels' roads, too. But it's no biggy. But I like the way my Cards do things now.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived