jersey question

oldschoolvikings

Quick question for the uni experts hanging around here...

I recently found something odd at the local goodwill. It's an authentic Eagles road jersey... only ten bucks, so natch, I grabed it. What was the catch? Well, some obviously disgruntled Philly fan tried to de-T.O. his jersey. (Weird... I found it in Detroit!) He apparently cut the stitching, thinking he could remove the numbers and name, only to find out the numbers are also heat tranfered on. Consequintly, the jersey now has a network of loose threads and, most problematic, dark stains where the numbers were. So... what can I do with it? I've tried to pick out the tiny threads with an exacto-knife... probably do-able, but its taking forever, and I'm not known for my patience. And I have NO idea what to do about the discoloration. Is bleach as bad an idea as I think it might be?

Is there someplace that can semi-restore this thing? I wouldn't mind a cheap McNabb jersey, if I can swing it. (Is there a chance trying to fix this will cost more than a new Authentic jersey?)

Quick question for the uni experts hanging around here...

I recently found something odd at the local goodwill. It's an authentic Eagles road jersey... only ten bucks, so natch, I grabed it. What was the catch? Well, some obviously disgruntled Philly fan tried to de-T.O. his jersey. (Weird... I found it in Detroit!) He apparently cut the stitching, thinking he could remove the numbers and name, only to find out the numbers are also heat tranfered on. Consequintly, the jersey now has a network of loose threads and, most problematic, dark stains where the numbers were. So... what can I do with it? I've tried to pick out the tiny threads with an exacto-knife... probably do-able, but its taking forever, and I'm not known for my patience. And I have NO idea what to do about the discoloration. Is bleach as bad an idea as I think it might be?

Is there someplace that can semi-restore this thing? I wouldn't mind a cheap McNabb jersey, if I can swing it. (Is there a chance trying to fix this will cost more than a new Authentic jersey?)

How about going the easy way, and making it into a Jason Avant? His #81 will pretty much cover those dark stains and loose threads when they cut off Me-O's number... whatever it was, I've blocked it out...

:upside:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

bleach would definetly be a bad idea....the best idea would just be to renumber it and hide most of it.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Try Exclusive Pro Sports http://www.exclusivepro.com/

I've never used them, but I've heard a lot of great things about them. They may be able to help remove some of that glue residue. Look into their website or email them about your situation. I'm sure they will be able to help you in some way.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived