Baseball unis hall of fame

Cianfrocco

I came across this article talking about the uniforms on display in Cooperstown, and one writer's pick of the best.  Nothing too special, but a fun read nonetheless.  I agree with most of the picks, except for the 70's Braves and Astros.  Unique, yes, but best of all time?  Not quite.  I was especially pleased to see the White Sox 2001 alternates.  Those just might be one of my all time favorites.

http://www.baseballtruth.com/extrainnings/extrainnings_010604.htm

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Because the Yankees are the greatest sports franchise in the history of the world (Even better than Manchester, Saints, don't give me none of that soccer crap)  :P  :;):

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Because the Yankees are the greatest sports franchise in the history of the world (Even better than Manchester, Saints, don't give me none of that soccer crap) :P :;):

montreal canadiens....sorry.

I agree with the article on the "inner circle" part but I think he left a couple out. True the Dodgers, Cardinals, Yankees, Red Sox, Tigers and Cubs are all in, but I think the Giants. Phillies and the Pirates have also figured it out and used the right classic uni's.

Of the current ones that have classic potential 50 years from now, I can say the White Sox got it right, finally and the Mariners have a good start.

One thing thats completely disappointing to me is the lack of historical baseball unis and hats in Cooperstown. I collect hats and was super excited about going up there, assuming they'd have a great "History of Uniforms" display. They had like a dozen unrelated jerseys and that's it. For a game that the uniform holds as much history as the statistics, why don't they really show more.

Because the Yankees are the greatest sports franchise in the history of the world (Even better than Manchester, Saints, don't give me none of that soccer crap) :P :;):

I wouldn't dare! No idea were you would put that finger :o

But yes the Yankees are probably a bigger sports franchise that Man United. You go into a british sports shop and its difficult to buy any baseball stuff that isnt the Yankees. Manchester United are up there, but the Yanks are probably just ahead.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

a uniform hall of fame without the detroit tigers home unis is just ridiculous....they, along with the stl cards homes, are just about the classiest uniforms of all time, IMO.

I'm not much of a Tigers fan, but I do love their home uniforms.  In fact, I am wearing their hat right now!  I think they often get overlooked when compared to the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, etc.  I usually like having more than two colors on a uniform, but the Tigers are one of the few teams that have done it right and will likely never change, nor should they.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

New York Yankees, 1936-present, home

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We all knew they'd be here, but we don't have to talk about it. Move along.

THATS GREAT!!! As a Braves fan, I hate the Yankees!

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I agree with most of the selections (save for the Astros unis...ugh). I think u really can't go wrong with the ones that have always stayed classic (Red Sox, Tigers, etc.)

In 2002, Massachusetts held on on-line pole as to which new slogan would look best on the new state lisence plates. There were 3 choices: "The Bay State" "Birthplace of America" and (write in). One write in choice received 55% of the total vote...

YANKEES SUCK!

GO SOX! COWBOY UP 2004!

No. They are second, but they aren't the Yankees.

the yanks have what? 26, 27 world titles? the habs have 24. if things keep going the way they are going for both clubs, the canadians will overtake the yankees as the greatest sports team ever. and thats coming from a leafs fan! on the uniform note, the yankees unis may be traditional, and i dont want them to change, but i think they are afull. thats just my opinion. the habs red sweater, however is sweet. i have one and i hate les canadiens.

go jays! (can i still call them the blue jays?)

the yanks have what? 26, 27 world titles? the habs have 24. if things keep going the way they are going for both clubs, the canadians will overtake the yankees as the greatest sports team ever. and thats coming from a leafs fan! on the uniform note, the yankees unis may be traditional, and i dont want them to change, but i think they are afull. thats just my opinion. the habs red sweater, however is sweet. i have one and i hate les canadiens.

If we are gonna measure greatness of a sports franchise on number of championships, Glasgiw Rangers have been soccer champions in Scotland like 40 times or something. But that isn't the way to measure greatness of a franchise. Its all about history and tradition and that kind of thing, anbd the Yankees do all of that stuff as well as anyone. And remeber there championships have come in a more competetive league. The NHL started with only 6 teams, and has only relatively recently expanded to much more that 12.

Given everything the Yankees (as much as it hurts to say it) are the top sports franchise in thew world.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

If we are gonna measure greatness of a sports franchise on number of championships, Glasgiw Rangers have been soccer champions in Scotland like 40 times or something. But that isn't the way to measure greatness of a franchise. Its all about history and tradition and that kind of thing, anbd the Yankees do all of that stuff as well as anyone. And remeber there championships have come in a more competetive league. The NHL started with only 6 teams, and has only relatively recently expanded to much more that 12.

Given everything the Yankees (as much as it hurts to say it) are the top sports franchise in thew world.

if you want to talk about tradition, take into account four things

1) the canadians are older then then the yankees

2) the canadians have always been the montreal canadians (check out cc's site and it will tell you that the yankees were originally the original baltimore orioles and then the new york highlanders)

3) the first few stanley cups the canadians won were in a more competitive enviorment because not only did they have to beet the ORIGINAL nhl teams (the teams before the original six) but they had to beet the champions of the pchl to be crowned the stanley cup champions. dont forget that the canadians won alot of stanley cups in the 1970's (6 of them, 5 in a row) when the nhl was about as competitive as the mlb. and did we forget the two staley cups in '86 and '93?

4) for the most part (excluding the late 90's) the canadians have always been competitive threwout their history. the yanks have had decades weer they have been baseball's top team, and their have been decades were they would make the devil rays look good.

taking all this into account, the canadians have a richer history then the yankees. the only thing that the yankees have over the canadians is the # of championchips, which will change soon if both clubs continue omn the path they are going. i never thought i would be defending the canadians, but i geuss i hate them less then i hate the yankees.

if you want to talk about tradition, take into account four things

1) the canadians are older then then the yankees

2) the canadians have always been the montreal canadians (check out cc's site and it will tell you that the yankees were originally the original baltimore orioles and then the new york highlanders)

3) the first few stanley cups the canadians won were in a more competitive enviorment because not only did they have to beet the ORIGINAL nhl teams (the teams before the original six) but they had to beet the champions of the pchl to be crowned the stanley cup champions. dont forget that the canadians won alot of stanley cups in the 1970's (6 of them, 5 in a row) when the nhl was about as competitive as the mlb. and did we forget the two staley cups in '86 and '93?

4) for the most part (excluding the late 90's) the canadians have always been competitive threwout their history. the yanks have had decades weer they have been baseball's top team, and their have been decades were they would make the devil rays look good.

taking all this into account, the canadians have a richer history then the yankees. the only thing that the yankees have over the canadians is the # of championchips, which will change soon if both clubs continue omn the path they are going. i never thought i would be defending the canadians, but i geuss i hate them less then i hate the yankees.

Again, I hate the Yankees, but I disagree.

The Yankees are older than the Habs, the Yanks moved from Baltimore in 1903, they had a different nickname but they are the same team.

The early days weren't as tough as you are making them sound to be.  There were two leagues, and each league had like 5 teams.  And the other league was terrible.  It'd be like having NHL vs AHL.

The Habs also had a six-team league for 26 years, the Yankees were always in a league with at least 16 teams.

I'm not discounting the fact that the Habs were awesome, because they were, they dominated the late 50s, and 70s.

But the Yankees dominated a few more eras, throw in the more championships, and the endless list of megastars, voila!

Let's not forget the Canadiens haven't been too great in the past few seasons.  One Stanley Cup championship in the past 18 years doesn't help them.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Let's not forget the Canadiens haven't been too great in the past few seasons. One Stanley Cup championship in the past 18 years doesn't help them.

18 years takes us back to 1986, when the Habs won the Cup with Rookie Partick Roy. now, is that the Cup you're forgetting, or is it the 1993 Cup win over LA?

lmao....Yankee haters will do and say anything to dilute there greatness....are you people that jealous of them?? If you hate the Yankees so much, tell the owners of the teams you root for to stop pocketing the luxury tax money they get and go out and get some free agents.

btw: I was 9 years old and at the Montreal Forum when the Calgary Flames hoisted the Stanley Cup, I always wished Lanny MacDonald would become an Islander.

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

Archived