Russian Design?

Frenchie

Now I know Russia is not reknown for its graphic design, but this is just wrong:

captced2cbaca8e24f2a98ecx4.jpg

Did they forget to order the numbers and had to go with white tape???

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

that was the same numbering they used in the olympics. yes it blows, but its not new.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

AFL umpires last year for the Adelaide-Collingwood game wore a teal-ish colour to raise awareness for cancer. They didn't have numbers on them so they had to get numbers from the local sports store and iron them on.

Relevance to tihs thread? They were big numbers.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Now I know Russia is not reknown for its graphic design, but this is just wrong:

Perhaps it's an attempt to recapture the bygone days of the Soviet Big Red Machine with the cold, mechanical, robotic font to intimidate their opponents. Perhaps it's just Nike being Nike and having some leftover Oregon Football ideas left in the bin. Perhaps it rather sucks as a font and and no one's told them until now.

AFL umpires last year for the Adelaide-Collingwood game wore a teal-ish colour to raise awareness for cancer. They didn't have numbers on them so they had to get numbers from the local sports store and iron them on.

Relevance to tihs thread? They were big numbers.

Uh, thanks for sharing. Relevance though? I'm voting "none".

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Actually Russia is quite reknown for their graphic design, especially in bygone eras. If you want to blame somebody blame Nike, they did the same thing in the World Cup last summer with a couple teams (Korea...).

Although when it comes to ugly fonts I think Umbro trumps them with Sweden's jerseys.

SwedenHLSNo9.0507c.jpg

Disgraceful.

JerseyDatabase.com - I'm that guy...

I like it. It reminds me of Rorschach from 'Watchmen.'

All Markov needs to do is shoot someone with a grappling hook, and I'll completely mark out.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

rest assured, sweden has ditched those numbers. I for one appreciated that Nike was the ONLY kit manufacturer at the WC who gave most national squads their own number set, as well as developing a standard typeface that is quite elegant.

True, Nike did a good job on teams like Mexico etc. It was rather boring with Puma and Adidas pretty much doing the same font across the board.

It's good that Sweden did ditch those numbers, they weren't even popular here IN Sweden. God knows why they can't be bothered to ever come up with something pertaining to the country's identity, runes etc. But, that's another thread altogether.

JerseyDatabase.com - I'm that guy...

Archived