For the teachers on the boards

fiasco!

No disrespect to any teachers on this board, i'm sure you do a great job, but every teacher i ever had sucked. They acted like taching us little bastards was beneath them, and they treat us like :censored:.

The teachers i had were using their teaching spots as political tools, they were all trying to get up that higher rung in the power ladder of the Board of Education. My 5th and 6th grade teacher wond up being a Vice Principal at the city's High School by the time i got there. The Principal of my elementary school, after many years of ass-kissing, is now the Super of the whole school system. Teachers always cry and moan about not being paid, saying what they do is for the children, but not a one of them ever gave a damn about the kids.

Funny thing is, i'm thinking about becoming a history teacher, so go figure...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I'm in a different universe because i think teachers are some of the most awful people on earth? Go to school through the Bayonne, NJ educational system and tell me i'm wrong...

sB9ijEj.png

I'm in a different universe because i think teachers are some of the most awful people on earth? Go to school through the Bayonne, NJ educational system and tell me i'm wrong...

No I was talkking about the universe in the cartoon

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

mmhmm, money, lots of money...no, no! its about the choldren...oh won't someone think of the children!

Ugh, this talk about crappy teachers reminds me off my grade 7-8 music teacher, during that magical time when music was a manditory subject. "What do you mean you've never played an instrument before?" Worse class ever!

I am a teacher, and JKQ comments I can relate to, I attended catholic schools & public and had some losers for teachers.

For every bad teacher I had some good ones. Sorry to hear your experience in school S*cked "Louisiana Swamp Water" through your butt. I can relate.

I'm not going to blow my own horn, you'd have to talk to my kids that I teach and my athletes I coach (6-12th graders) I teach P.E. & health. I try to accomidate all my kids learning styles and personalities. I don't care what their background is, I feel all students if properly motivated can learn.

That's just my teaching philosophy in a nutshell - I love teaching and my kids really like/love my class, even the overweight kids who can't move well - I'll always find an activity they can do well at. Usually they are the best goalies during our Floor Hockey Unit. They do so well after a couple of "goalie" lessons from me.

I'll shut up now - but we don't get paid for the number of hours we put in, yet I can't say I'm starving (except the first 5 years were tough). I make $40,000+ and that includes 3 sports seasons; Football, Swimming & Track. I love teaching!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Before 6th grade, I liked all of my teachers, and since then, there's only a handful of teacher's I've had that I've actually liked, the rest act like they don't want to be there or would rather do something else, not even attempting to make learning fun.

I was talking to a kid on my school's JV basketball team tonight. He was ineligable for his game because a teacher put off grading a test he had to take late because of absences which disallowed him from playing in the game. When he confronted the teacher about it in class and said "but if you don't grade it, i can't play, tonight"... she went on to say "I could care less if you played tonight. I just honestly don't care." She later went on to remark "I wish I can be there to see you crying to your coach".

Now, there's alot of good teachers out there... why can't any of them ever teach me?!

IUe6Hvh.png

Now, there's alot of good teachers out there... why can't any of them ever teach me?!

Because there are not alot of good teachers out there. There are a few, but they are anomalies. Most teachers don't care about kids, in fact most resent them, and the teachers that DO get into the profession for the children and the love of teaching, they become so jaded with the system and bureaucracy, they end up hating the kids and the job they have as well.

I'll even give you a quote from my 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Lupino: "I would sleep well at night as long as I knew that I had hand in destroying any future you have". Now this was not the only instance of hatred this "teacher" displayed twords me, or other kids as well. When the issue was brought to the principal, he agreed with me and the parents that the "teacher" was out of line, and should be punished, however, since he was vying to become principal of the newest and biggest school in the city, and a diciplined teacher on his record would hurt his chances at getting the job, so he could do nothing. THESE ARE THINGS TOLD TO MY FACE! Can you believe this :censored:? Well, his heart exploded a few years later, so fu*k him....

It is very hard to think well of teachers when you've been through the plop i've been through. And if you ask most kids from the same school system i was in, they'll have similar horror stories, i'm not alone in this...

sB9ijEj.png

John, I had a similar experience to yours with Ms. Lupino (interesting name - derived from the Latin word for "wolf" - how appropriate).  It was much later, however - 12th grade.  My college prep English teacher hated me for a number of reasons.  First of all, she was a fundamentalist holy-roller and knew I was Jewish (I grew up in a town with very few Jews), second, she resented me because I was considered to be one of the best writers in school - I was the lead writer for the school newspaper and also had won some creative writing contests, and third, she knew I hung around with a crowd that was morally represensible to her.  She would arbitrarily mark down my essays and I finally went to the chairman of the English department to complain (the chairman happened to be the mother of one of my good friends).  She told me there was nothing officially that she could do except talk to the teacher and let me know if there was a problem.  Well, about a week later she told me that she did talk to the teacher and that the only thing that came out of it was the statement that my teacher made regarding the fact that if she wasn't a Christian, she'd tell me to my face how happy it made her to know some day I would burn in the eternal fires of hell.

It's been my experience (I'm married to a teacher) that much of the problems with teachers has more to do with the administration than anything else.  If you're in a crappy district or a district with horrible board members and administrators, it turns the entire faculty bad.  A lot of this has to do with the administrations hiring bad people to begin with and oftentimes even the good ones will go sour if they have no reason to feel rewarded by their jobs.  My wife has worked in one of the worst districts and now works in arguably the best in the state - the support that the teachers get from the higher-ups has a whole hell of a lot to do with the types of teachers that populate the schools.  So if you are in a bad district, just about every teacher you know is going to be bad, likewise in an excellent district you'll have more great teachers than bad.

Just my $.02

Well, about a week later she told me that she did talk to the teacher and that the only thing that came out of it was the statement that my teacher made regarding the fact that if she wasn't a Christian, she'd tell me to my face how happy it made her to know some day I would burn in the eternal fires of hell.

With hatred like that, she'll be burning in hell. See that is a "Christian" who has no clue on what is going on. Just because you don't agree with someones religion doesn't mean they are bad.

Look i had bad teachers and Good ones. I remember he good ones, and try to forget the duds. Not everyone is going to match up with you personally, so that is why there is conflict. If we all got along, it would be one dreadful world.

But a teacher is ment to teach, not torment. If you don't like kids, don't get into teaching. And i agree with Yholl, Alot of it has to do with the school system and administration.

sB9ijEj.png

I tought for 2 years.

I went into a school that had a HUGE red flag up in the fact the the Supt. had fired/chased off 20 teachers in 2 years.  I took the job and finished my first year.  The second year, I was one of 5 teachers to leave after the first semester.  

I enjoyed the teaching and watching 7th graders actually get it!  I taught 7th and 9th grade math...It was fun the kids were great...but the administration was a night mare....I began to harbor ill feelings towards them and finally told the guy.  " YOU DON"T like me, I don't like you..so lets just move  on"  and I left. Never to teach again...he got fired 5 months later!

So I can relate, the administration really affects the people who teach.  

But, the treatment JQK received is totally off the mark and should have been dealt with.  But, I Think schools are the biggest crooked political scheme in the US

Archived