T-Wolves Redesign

HarperK

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow! that is pretty fantastic, man.

the only thing i'd want to see changed is the M and V spikes. as it stands, they drop below the outlined box. if the outline followed the shape, it would look damn near perfect.

wow! that is pretty fantastic, man.

the only thing i'd want to see changed is the M and V spikes. as it stands, they drop below the outlined box. if the outline followed the shape, it would look damn near perfect.

I was going to do that, it was late and it kind of slipped my mind while i saved it and didn't feel like going back to edit it

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

LOVE the return to the blue/green/silver. They never should've gotten away from that.

The logo has gotten better with almost every tweak to the point where it's good to go.

The evolution of the wordmark thus far leaves me less enthralled. The white space behind the wordmark looks like a keystone, the kind of thing you'd expect for a team from Pennsylvania, but not Minnesota. The white space is doing you a disservice there, as well as by not extending to cover the points on the letters (which you already talked about, so no worries). The font itself is not bad, but I am not sure that arbitrarily adding points above and below the otherwise clean, straight lines is the right move. And I am not sure that paring down the middle horizontal bar on the "E"s accomplishes much, either. If anything, they distract from the nice, orderly vertical feel of the letters; everything else in the wordmark is tall and thin, but then there are these two attention-grabbing prominences jutting out perpendicular to the orientation of everything else. I think that given the length of the nickname, tall and thin is the way to go, and I like the clean, modern look of the font; but I don't know that you've found the exact right font yet, and the embellishments aren't helping that much.

All in all, this is really well done, and will be exceptional when finished. I'd love to see the Wolves adopt something along the lines of what you've got going here.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

FinalTWolves.png

on white background:

FinalTWolvesWhitBckgrnd.png

This is utterly beautiful. But, that being said, I would really like to see you do a wordmark that was a little more custom, going away from the "customized basic" one you've used. Not that it wouldn't work, I'd just like to see what you could come up with if you let your creativity fly. Just because the wolf is similar to the original, doesn't mean that the wordmark has to too. You have the opurtunity to bring it more into the 21st century... but I know you're capable of doing it in a more tasteful fashion.

This is a great example for all new artists out there. Count the number of filled areas. There are five. Five. That's it, and yet the logo communicates so much and is so clear. Masterful!

LT

jeesh teach, i feel like the kid who's about to get jumped at recess :D

thanks for the compliments though, this is the first logo I've made that i could actually see being used by someone.

btw i feel this also shows you dont NEED vector software to make a decent logo

This is a great example for all new artists out there. Count the number of filled areas. There are five. Five. That's it, and yet the logo communicates so much and is so clear. Masterful!

LT

jeesh teach, i feel like the kid who's about to get jumped at recess :D

thanks for the compliments though, this is the first logo I've made that i could actually see being used by someone.

btw i feel this also shows you dont NEED vector software to make a decent logo

Teacher's Pet.

Needs a tad more green. i.e. a thin green outline.

Then go with the green on the jersey/shorts trim.

ive done that before, but it looks a little bit forced to me

Archived