University of Denver mascot controversy.

roxfan00

A bigger version of the current logo.

hawk1.gif

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

i was thinking last night, dont Tennessee-chatanooga call the sports teams the Moccasins but look at the logo: its a bird on a train!!!!!

actually, UTC shortened it to "Mocs" a while back, and while the mascot is a mockingbird on said train (the Chattanooga choo-choo), they generally deny that "Mocs" is short for "Mockingbirds" now.

yeah...just like some BYU bigwigs still try to pass their navy blue off as the darkest possible royal blue.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I can't believe they never figured out how to make a "covered wagon at speed" logo or a strong looking dude with long shotgun in his hand to be a Pioneer.

No college in Denver, of which Littlewood/Columbine is a suburb, would be crazy enough to use a mascot with a gun. I like the covered wagon idea though.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

Just to recap, here are the guesses people took at what their current logo is supposed to represent:

stylized cap

axe blade

Cylon fighter

muddled mess

turkey

old wagon

footprint in the mud

Archived