USHL vs QMJHL

OMMF

It'll be interesting to see who comes out on top in this one. Seems there would be one league with everything to lose and the other with nothing to do but gain.

ccmJC.gif

It'll be interesting to see who comes out on top in this one. Seems there would be one league with everything to lose and the other with nothing to do but gain.

ccmJC.gif

I don't know about all that. I think if this was USHL vs NAHL or QMJHL vs OHL, then maybe, but these leagues draw from completely different talent pools. If anything, it's the pride of the players in one of these leagues that'll be hurt.

ccmJC.gif

I don't know about all that. I think if this was USHL vs NAHL or QMJHL vs OHL, then maybe, but these leagues draw from completely different talent pools. If anything, it's the pride of the players in one of these leagues that'll be hurt.

There's a little bit of risk involved for the Q, though. Sure, it's a reputation thing but when Mid-Majors in the NCAA started beating the power teams, it altered how the NBA teams draft or at least where they look for talent. Less graduates, and I use the term loosely in some teams cases, to the NBA means less exposure which means less recruiting which means less wins which means less money. Am I hyperbolizing? Possibly. I may have just made up a new word, too. But the point is the Q is seen as one of the biggest leagues to feed kids into the NHL. If the slow little brother to the south manages to make it look bad, it may have small repercussions down the line.

I think if this was USHL vs NAHL or QMJHL vs OHL, then maybe, but these leagues draw from completely different talent pools.

Not any more they don't, or haven't you been paying attention to the recruiting propaganda war underway between the OHL and USHL. Why do you think the CHL is now offering college scholarships to players?

Marc - who broke the USHL-QMJHL story a day before the announcement... :)

The Q is one of the biggest NHL feeders, players do get kickbacks, so it takes away their NCAA eligibility. The USHL is more 17 and under guys and a major feeder for D1, no kickbacks to save eligibility. The Q also is a generally older-aged league. SHould be interesting to see how the USHL teams fare here.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

The Q is one of the biggest NHL feeders, players do get kickbacks, so it takes away their NCAA eligibility. The USHL is more 17 and under guys and a major feeder for D1, no kickbacks to save eligibility. The Q also is a generally older-aged league. SHould be interesting to see how the USHL teams fare here.

I was thinking about that also. It shouldn't be a huge deal but that extra 1 or 2 years in these young men might be shown in their strength and weight. I wonder if this will be a traveling event or always in Quebec?

I think if this was USHL vs NAHL or QMJHL vs OHL, then maybe, but these leagues draw from completely different talent pools.

Not any more they don't, or haven't you been paying attention to the recruiting propaganda war underway between the OHL and USHL. Why do you think the CHL is now offering college scholarships to players?

Marc - who broke the USHL-QMJHL story a day before the announcement... :)

Damn, I must be waaaaay out of the loop because I have no idea what you're talking about...

Archived